This may be the shortest membership on here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by bow, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Same, One flying. one parts and one I'm converting to "Rakon CNC Advanced Upgrade", it's meant to be good fun. So sorry about your accident. Did you get a good fly around before the object you couldn't avoid?

2. bow

bow New Member

From my short time here and the help I've gotten and read on other threads you guys are helping all over the place. Might have to just get this thing repaired and see what I can do about the distance issues and rth another way

povertybeach and Codestar7 like this.
  3. bow

bow New Member

The first flight was fine. Not my first drone flight but first of my own and with the typhoon. Calibrated the compass waited for the sats and off I went. There is a deserted construction site behind my property, checked out their foundation, took it up high enough to get a look at the ocean, got the battery warning and brought it home. Second flight had it hovering fine was playing with the camera tilt and watched as it veered into a tree about 15' away

4. Codestar7

Codestar7 Active Member

Bummer, I know the feeling. Totally my fault when it happened to me though. I've flown radio control airplanes / helicopters / boats and cars for 40 years but I wasn't quite ready for the glide path of a quad copter and didn't have blade guards on my first two flights. The first tree just broke some blades but the second wrapped up the prop and it fell 30 feet to the ground and broke a stanchion. I repaired it with some gummy epoxy and was flying the next day. The benefits of modeling since 8 years old. These could definitely be a bit more rugged without adding weight. Good Luck.

povertybeach likes this.
  5. bow

bow New Member

Transferring data to a memory card. Wondering why there are 4 flights, 2 on 2 days way before I got it. Guessing testing, but weird how they are days aprt

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

One for sure will be the testing telemetry file from factory so I have heard. You also have to remember everytime you start up the ST16 it creates a new file. Most have no usable data.

povertybeach likes this.
  7. bow

bow New Member

think i got the right ones. had them open and looked but no idea what they mean

Attached Files:

8. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

If you can, post all the flight data here. I don't know beans about the files but I'm interested what others have to say. I'm pretty sure they don't test them before shipping so I find that very interesting.

9. bow

bow New Member

ill see if i can upload them all compressed or something don't want to end up banned in my first thread

10. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Mine was tested twice in China, Had the video flying outside the Jiangsu‎, China Plant and ‎all! I thought that was weird they didn't clear the data afterwords? A few others I know who got the early H's had the same thing too!:)

11. bow

bow New Member

ok, here are the 4 files that occurred before i got it for christmas

Attached Files:

12. Jagerbomb52

This is just purely a guess so don't consider it what actually happened. If telemetry 00013 is the crash file you had several things going on. You had a low voltage warning (code #1)
    It also looks like you might have had the 5 motor alarm warning come up, did you notice that on the ST16 screen?
    You also had some compass warnings but none around the time of the crash. Also satelites seemed fine, not the best but enough for flying.
    So I am leaning on the 5 motor alarm and the craft veering off into the tree.
    Like I said just a guess.

Screenshot 2016-12-28 10.03.02.png

Here is a link to exmaps that shows you flight.
    https://www.exmaps.com/127f76

13. Jagerbomb52

telemetry 00003 must be from the factory as it shows
    2 Zheng Wei Lu, Kunshan Shi, Suzhou Shi, Jiangsu Sheng, China

14. bow

bow New Member

Think they got it from Best Buy. So are you leaning to pilot error or other issues. lol I won't be offended. Like I said I didn't think I had hit any flight controls but anything is possible

15. Jagerbomb52

Well if it went into the 5 motor alarm and that was the cause of it drifting or should I say slamming into the tree its not pilot error as far as I can see.
    Hell I had the 5 motor alarm show up on my Q500 and it only has 4 motors so who knows LOL
    So yes I am leaning to a firmware problem and not pilot error. :)

povertybeach likes this.
  16. bow

bow New Member

Lol well that makes me feel a little better.

17. bow

bow New Member

Still curious about the France thing though

18. Lawrence

Lawrence Active Member

From what Jagger has pointed out, I think your guns are loaded for Yuneec. Remember to be courteous and I think you will have a positive response.

povertybeach likes this.
  19. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Would be good to have to file Remote_00013.csv too. Then we can say more about this crash. As far as I have seen it flew a while with 5 Motors (5 seconds - not many time to react and do something in follow-me mode) and then hit the three in 4m hight and fell down in 0.3sec to zero. That's the moment, the Flight Mode went to Emergency (12) and the end of it all.
    RealSense was on, should avoid the three, right?
    The intresting thing is, why it cut Motor 6 at 12:39:47h. Can you check ESC of Motor 6?

br HE

povertybeach likes this.
  20. bow

bow New Member

Well bad news is I can't check any more files. Good news is that while I was at work a few phone calls were made and the unit was returned. Apparently a flight in France was not really a good thing. The manager that was talked to said we were lucky to be tech savvy enough to figure that out because otherwise I would have had to go through yuneec. I have you guys here all the credit because I wouldn't have been able to figure that out this quickly my self. So I want to say thank you for helping me get this sorted out. Now the big question is what to do next

povertybeach and midego like this.