Tornado H920 Lost Camera Control

Discussion in 'H920 Hexacopter' started by Edward Meijer, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Edw

Edward Meijer New Member

Today when we were out Testing the H920 lost control of the camera two times in two different locations.
    still had control of the bird but after about three minutes of flying we lost control of the camera it was still recording, we thought perhaps this location is bad for testing so we went to a different location several miles down the road and it happened again, now mind you this is open field no power lines or anything like that.
    Have checked all connection etc., this is a brand new Tornado H920 all systems checked out before flight batteries etc. all good.
    Any suggestion's will be appreciated as we now have lost confidence in this product.
    I did look at the flight logs and an errorflag1 32 came up several times.

2. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

3. Edw

Edward Meijer New Member

Thanks I did buy the itelite antenna have not had a chance to try it, too much wind.
    And you are right I am somewhat disappointed in the H920 compared to the Typhoon H I own both copters.

Today we went test flying again with the Tornado H920 and the Newly installed ITILITE range extender all appears well everything worked as it should, I tried to make it fail but could not.
    I am really not after range just reliability of the signal, I heard that Yuneec is coming out with an update for the H920 that would be nice, it really is a great platform with tremendous potential.
    So this is what we have Typhoon H, Tornado H920 with CGO4, Proaction Steady Grip with Panasonic
    GH4 Camera.
    We will now start making movies, I will let you know.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  4. Pat

PatR Member

First think I would do would be to call Yuneec CS and see what they have to say.

5. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

I think people want a "quick fix" answer right away, or are hoping to get a simple fix answer on the forums, and then if no solution, call Yuneec, I for one read up all I can on my issue, and then like you stated contact CS right away, if I can't find the answer.
    Then once I get an answer or solution I share it, which usually is: Send it in! LOL !:(

6. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I agree with you DC.
    What really pisses me off about Yuneec is its a international company. Now it seems to think North America is at 5555 Ontario Mills Parkway Ontario, CA 91764, United States.
    Well guess what i live in North America but I live in Ontario Canada which does not have a authorised service center. For me to send my broken Yuneec product to where they want me to have it serviced is just crazy.
    They need to stick there heads out the fricken window and see that there is a whole big world out there, not just the USof A :(

7. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Yes JB, I agree, too much isolation, and everything is "send it in" then no info on what found wrong, at least in detail! I want to know what is wrong and what was the solution, if I had a issue

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  8. Jagerbomb52

Got ya DC :)

DroneClone likes this.
  9. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

See your correction and recommendation!

10. Dav

Dave and Rob Member

Staples in Missisauga has my Crashed H and is the go to repair for Canada now. When I shipped it before Christmas I had to ship it on my own nickel....they should have UPS set up soon if they dont already. Hopefully Vancouver will get a repair facility!

11. Jagerbomb52

There is a few places posting on Facebook that they have been approved as a authorized repair station. Wish Yuneec would list them on their site but I guess that would be asking to much as someone would actually have to update it every once in a while :)