Twichy movements - Crap

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Lunático, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Lunático

Lunático New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Hi,

I'm very disapointed with H performance, the movements are very twichy and dificult to fly on small places due that.

I have several Dji's & Arducopters, and all of them are extremely smooth.

Very time a go the open source Arducopter had similar problems when flying in gps mode, but was not so jerky like the H (was just too much rigid). Now these problems was solved in this great open source Flight Controller.

I'm very upset with Yuneec because I wrote a mail asking some support and did not received any response!

I hope that Yuneec solves this crap behaviour in the next firmware, but I dont bealieve that...

Hue and Jonas like this.
  2. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    My H behaves just the same.... Om was better before I did the firmware update...

3. QuadBart

QuadBart Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Colorado, USA
    If you are talking about the latest upgrade, Sept 26, yup mine is now twitchy. It doesn't affect control, but direction changes it twitches now. It used to do it mildly a couple firmware upgrades ago, but not as bad as it does not. Mine is worse off now after the upgrade...

4. Macadamia

Macadamia Member

Aug 27, 2016
    I will never do updates unless the complaints are very less. Yuneec needs to do more better jobs than frightening us weather we should do updates or not!

5. Lunático

Lunático New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I don't remember what version I had before firmware upgrade, but before the update the behaviour was always bad (twichy).

6. mdracer

mdracer Member

Jun 12, 2016
    This is due to the the GPS being turned on. If you have experience flying Quads Airplanes or Helis you should turn off the GPS and see that the movements are Silky smooth. Although this bugs me and i wish Yuneec would solve it, (as i know that DJI's do not twitch like that) It is how it is for now.

7. PatR

PatR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Male
    Retired sUAS professional
    Central California
    Since I haven't updated to the latest version yet I have a couple questions. Does the "twitchy" response get telegraphed through to the video being captured? If the gimbal blankets the sharp movement does the control response create an operational hazard?

8. mdracer

mdracer Member

Jun 12, 2016
    It does not transfer to the camera, the camera gimbal is very stable and will adjust accordingly.

9. lonjsnyder

lonjsnyder Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Male
    Real Estate Development & Management
    Los Angeles, California
    Have you tried going into the settings of the ST16 and dialing down the sensitivity of the yaw control?

If not, watch this video starting at 11:51

10. Lunático

Lunático New Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Yes I tried, but adding expo does not help in the twitchness.
    Disabling gps is not a solution, first we have not a switch to disable/enable quickly the gps (you need to enable/disable by touchscreen, this is stupid), and if you fly long distances and near some objects, with wind messing what you are doing, the gps will be very helpful.
    So Turn off the gps is not a solution. Solution is Yuneec solve this poor behaviour.