Typhoon H camera wires

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by T10bender, Jul 9, 2018.

1. T10bender

T10bender New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    While installing the SD card into my CGO3+, I must of over rotated the camera. In doing so, I must of severed one of the cables, leading into the top/ back of the round housing. Very small pending, however, can see the severed wire.

Camera comes on, however, cant be controllled. Is there anyone that has replaced this wiring? Which cable line it it? And how hard is it to do myself? Not under warranty. Maybe someone has a You Tube of this?

Thanks in advanced.

2. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

The replacement part is YUNCGO3P110. But you need some soldering. There is a youtube video for that:

br He

3. T10bender

T10bender New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    Thanks h-Elsner for the reply. In another post, I found this picture. The wire that broke, is part of the bundle of wires, I circled. I don’t think they’re part of the repair you sent me? I’d assume this a different harness?

I’m not as impressed, that there’s not a different way of wiring this, so there’s more range of motion? Like down the side, and through the axis / pivot point?

Attached Files:

4. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Oh, oh. If the gimal frame is broken, then I think a new camera is needed. That's a pity.
    As fas as I know, there are no replacement parts for the gimbal. Neither frame nor cables. At least here in Europe, there isn't.

It needs a bunch of cable sets:
    3 wire:
    - roll motor
    - roll codec
    - pitch motor
    - pitch codec

4-wire
    - camera power supply (5V)
    - UART (serial connection)
    - MPU6050, the gyro sensor inside the camera.

This will be a hard way to overcome this situation.

br HE

5. T10bender

T10bender New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    222AF5BB-447A-49F3-A644-E41A60D11916.jpeg My bad. I used someone else’s picture and didn’t mark out their notations.

Here’s a new pic with their notes eliminated.

All I severed, were one of the black wires, circled. I’m afraid, from what I’ve seen on parts sites. These are bare ended wires, and might not be a part of a one piece harness.

6. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

I see. This YUNCGO3P110 part is completely different from that what you need. I misunderstood because the wires through the yaw motor are often broken. That's why it is availbable for replacement.

I never seen the other cables in black as single part. The only way is to get it from someone who has destroyed the camera, sold as defective. here are some pictures, where it comes from and where it goes to.

Gimbal08.jpg Gimbal11.jpg
    The wires are plugged into the Gimbal-mainboard and solderes on the other side either to codec board or to motors. All that go to camera (going to left looking from the back) are also plugged to the camera board. Remaining two 3-wire cables for pitch codec and for pitch motor which are going to the right side of the arm.

You should remove the covers from the gimbal frame to see more.

br HE

7. T10bender

T10bender New Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Male
    what I found looking further. I figured it was not going to be an easy fix.

I’m surprised it’s not housed different. Or maybe I’m the first to do this????

I may end up buying a new camera. If there’s one better.