Typhoon H for Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Daniel G, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel G

Daniel G Guest

#1 Daniel G, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
    No longer for sale. Ended up returning the drone to the place I had bought it.

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Curious, but what can the Typhoon H do better than my Q500 4K? You might just sell me. How much flight time on this?

3. Daniel G

Daniel G Guest

Flight time is up to 25 min; after all the research I have done the mean time is more around 22min depending on use.

It's funny, I actually started at the Q500 4K then worked my way up.

Note: this is my 2nd Typhoon H. I was careless with the other one and Best Buy fortunately took back and exchanged the drone for a new one.

Some main features I have noticed over the Q500 that I had were:

Speed -
    Typhoon H: Follow me 43MPH / Angle 30MPH

Q500: 18MPH

Modes -
    Typhoon H: Orbit Me, Point of Interest, Journey, Curve Cable Cam, Follow / Watch Me, Team Mode, Dynamic Return to Home

Q500: Watch Me / Follow Me, Return to Home

Controller -
    Typhoon H: Basically is a 7" Android tablet with a controller interface attached to it, you can live stream through a HDMI out if you're by a monitor or screen, connect to Google Play store and download apps like a phone would, future LTE connection with Intel Atom processor.

Q500: Just feels like a RC car controller

Camera-
    Almost identical cameras. The biggest thing is that the Typhoon H's landing gear lifts up. Remember I said Team Mode under modes? If you have the Wizard and the ST16 paired to the drone you can control the drone with the Wizard Remote and the camera controlled with the ST16.

Portability / Ease of Use -
    I had the carrying case when I had the Q500 so it felt more portable to me. However setting up the drone's props took longer than necessary. The Typhoon H props snap into place. You press a button to release the props after you're done. The H is also just as easy as flying the Q500.

Distance -
    Typhoon H: Up to 1 mile or 1.6KM

Q500: 800M

Obstacle Avoidance -
    Typhoon H: Uses Sonar to detect objects within 5 meters in front of craft (only active when legs on craft are up)

Q500: Nothing

Price -
    Me (Typhoon H, almost new in box): $850 + shipping

Q500 (New in Box): $799.99 + Tax + shipping

When I took the step up to the Typhoon H it felt like I was actually flying a professional drone. The Q500 had the beginnings of it but the Typhoon H by far is the winner between the two. I was so impressed with the H that I decided to get an even more expensive model of it lol

PM me if interested.

4. Flighttime

Flighttime New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    How much would shipping cost to Atl Ga.?

5. Daniel G

Daniel G Guest

Looks like shipping to Atl Ga is about $50

6. z46

z46 New Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Hi, did you sell the Typhoon H yet? Let me know because I'm interested.

7. Daniel G

Daniel G Guest

Still available.

Per the rules of the forum send me a PM.

8. Dan Belick

Dan Belick New Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Don't forget about the full 360 camera rotation on the H. Or the 6 rotor configuration that will still fly if one fails...

9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    Dan...
    Good luck and I'm sure you will find a buyer soon. I'm going to have to pass on this thinking my old brain might not make the leap up as quickly as needed for acclimating to the H. And keep us posted on your new real sense version and load a video when you can.

10. Daniel G

Daniel G Guest

If not I'll just be able to return it.

I'll definitely try to keep everyone posted. Currently trying to get my commercial license for drone flying to work alongside fire fighters for my capstone class. It will be interesting to see what happens. If I'm able to post footage of drills with the fire fighters I definitely will!

11. Jon H

Jon H New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Male
    Are you saleing typhoon h transmitter