Typhoon H+ Malfunction - Total Power Loss

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by RetAirForce, Jan 13, 2019.

1. RetAirForce

RetAirForce New Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Male
    12/29/18

I purchased the Yuneec Typhoon H Pro from Amazon and just received it on Thursday the 27th the day after my birthday. SSN# G091......... I registered it with the FAA and received my Certificate of Registration FA34......
    Today around 1:00pm Oklahoma time, my Typhoon H lost total power about 2 minutes into its flight. I was flying just past my driveway about 30’ in height. It was a beautiful day, winds about 5 mph. I was moving forward to go down my street. The Typhoon was only about 50’ in front of me. It had total power loss and dropped straight to the ground and crashed on the road. The gimbal broke away from the drone along with battery and blades. One arm broke. I just flew the drone the day before with no problems at all. I had a full battery on the drone and on the ST16. I would say that this was some type of malfunction that would be covered under warranty in full.

As a 20year Disabled Air Force member, I read the user manual and watched plenty of YouTube videos on the operation of the Typhoon H. I was really excited to use this drone since I heard and read so many good things about it.
    My total cost at Amazon was $1009.85 for the bundle. Order was placed on Dec 22, 2018.

Since then I have read many post of the same issue. I returned my damaged drone to Yuneec and they received it on Thursday, Jan 10th. If I get my repaired or get a replacement, how do I do it won't happen again?

2. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Sounds like the battery disconnected. I've read that sometimes the battery doesn't get latched in all the way and disconnects. No juice, no fly.

3. RetAirForce

RetAirForce New Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for your reply. I heard about that, but I confirmed it was pushed all the way in. I watched a lot of videos explaining to make sure it was in all the way correctly.

4. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Sounds like the warranty should take care of it. Keep us posted.

5. ALFMARQUEZ

ALFMARQUEZ New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Ok and they repaired it I recommend you take it to fly to a field without trees and try it 5 meters high with landing gear below (to avoid damage to the camera) if it falls back or fails the damage would be minimal if nothing this is a recommendation that I saw on the website of a guy who knows a lot about drones if he fails, he asks yunnec to change the drone to a new one, because yunnec repairs but does not test them.

Another recommendation that I make of experience that I have had if you lose video signal do not lose your calm just go back until the image comes back and if not only ask to return home but that if you see it, cancel it back home and bring it yourself to the place where you are going to

I love this type of drone are beautiful and dosil handling I have flown many brands that exceed it and I have sold a lot to change them for new but I do not know what love I have that I keep it and I have great esteem

I hope my recommendation serves you greetings Alfredo Marquez

6. Frank Melcher

Frank Melcher New Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Male
    Hi,
    I lost my H920 Tornado in 04/2016 - copter and st24 lost the signal, the distance was about 50 meters. My friend lost his Typhoon H because of too low temperature (-3°C) in 02/2018 after a 6 minutes flight. The Yunneec support
    in Germany is/was a joke !!!
    So 2018 I change to XXXXXXX. Last year I had more than 50 missions, all without problems...
    Greetings from Germany - Frank

7. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    The telemetry log will tell if the battery failed or came loose.
    If the ST16 shows log entries when when the altitude was dropping, the battery is in,
    If f_mode = 16 then the throttle channel is at -25 as if the red button (B1) was on.
    In my case last week, K2 got mixed in on the throttle channel, forcing it to -25 when the gimbal was up.