Typhoon H Pro GPS Acquiring Will Not Connect To GPS

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Charles R, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Charles R

Charles R Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Male
    Technical Trainer
    Pennsylvania
    My Typhoon H Pro will not acquire GPS. I've tried rebinding the bird and camera, this did not hep The H and controller are both acquiring satellites. I had the H in 3 wide open areas where GPS is not an issue it should have connected. All Firmware update Any Suggestions

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    This posting should have had a response by now.
    A different day and different location can change the results.
    If not: Take the top cover off and check the GPS cable and connector.

3. Charles R

Charles R Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Male
    Technical Trainer
    Pennsylvania
    Too late it's out for repair

4. Charles R

Charles R Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Male
    Technical Trainer
    Pennsylvania
    Just heard from Vertigo The verdict on my TyphoonH is that the flight Controller is bad. Parts, labor and shipping on me.

5. Okulsky Andrei

Okulsky Andrei New Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Male
    #5 Okulsky Andrei, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2020
    Good day to all!
    I think I found a solution to the problem "acquiring satellites".
    The point is a small rechargeable battery on the unit GPS. The battery should have a voltage of 3 volts. However, after a long break in flights, I had a battery voltage of only 1.6 volts. After a long non-use of the drone, she discharges below the level at which normal operation of the unit is possible. As a result, satellites are not registered. And the constant message is "acquiring satellites".
    I draw attention to two points. First, you need to solder a new battery carefully, because the board is very delicate.
    Second, after re-soldering the battery, orient the board GPS correctly when installing it in the drone. There is an arrow on the board, it should point towards the rear of the drone.
    I made a mistake during the assembly, and deployed the board 90 degrees, based on the convenience of the location of the cable from it. The result was the crash of the drone, even despite the fact that I calibrated the compass as expected. I was lucky that the drone crashed into the bush, and the damage was minimal.
    All successful flights!

Note: Edited by moderator to correct GPS orientation.

6. DoomMeister

DoomMeister Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Male
    I have to interject that the GPS board needs to be installed with the wire harness and arrow pointing to the rear of the aircraft.
    E3B0E074-72FC-45AD-A4C6-8788AA056C46.jpeg