Typhoon H problem

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by sp4439, May 12, 2019.

1. sp4439

sp4439 New Member

May 12, 2019
    While flying my Typhoon H, I tried landing and no matter how long I held the stick down, it wouldn’t go lower than 30ft, and when i would flip the mode switch to home, it would start ascending without any input. Telemetry and everything else showed normal. Obviously it was a crash landing when the battery voltage got low, it shot off to the side when one motor stopped spinning from low battery and could not catch it. Anybody else experience such a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Were you in smart mode by chance when you tried to land? You know that when you go to home mode the bird goes up to a predetermined altitude before coming back to the general launch area.

3. sp4439

sp4439 New Member

May 12, 2019
    Tried both smart and angle, and my home altitude was set at its lowest and it climbed well above that when switching to home mode.

4. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Do you have real sense and was it active? The reason I ask is because I had some issues with the real sense making the aircraft act weird when it was active and it got close to the ground. When it was turned off everything worked fine. That's one of the reasons I got rid of it.

5. sp4439

sp4439 New Member

May 12, 2019
    No real sense module

6. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    I had a very similar situation 7 days ago. My typhoon H would not come down any lower than 15 feet. So I tried to take it up it would not go up. I tried to make it go to the left it would not go nor would it go to the right. It finally started toilet bowling into a walnut tree with a crash. I did all the repairs myself but I have been trying to get the Telemetry Red by yuneec which is taking some time.
    I am afraid to fly it because I do not want this to happen again.
    I am anxious to fly. I did a complete factory reset on my controller. It is no longer under warranty but if I hear do not hear back from Yuneec in a week I will attempt to fly it again. I wish we could get answers to these kinds of problems. I sent them a few files in a zip folder I'm hoping it will get back to me. I love my typhoon H but no one needs these kinds of problems or flyaways or anything of that sort.
    Keith Kuhn

7. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    Yes I had a very similar problem.
    My typhoon H would not come down below 15 ft nor Woody's go up or to the left or to the right.
    It eventually started toilet bowling and crashed into a tree. I did all the repairs and I am anxious to fly. But I am waiting for yuneec or someone to read my Telemetry files. I do not want to fly it until I know what caused this problem. I am going to do a complete controller reset, they call it a factory reset. if I cannot get the files read in two weeks I will attempt to fly it again. I love my typhoon H but no one needs these type of problems or flyaways.
    If you know of anyone who can read these files please tell me I can send them to them, I have them in a zipped folder.
    Thanks
    Keith Kuhn from Ohio

8. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    You can upload the files to a post in this thread. That way anyone that can read them can find them.

Keith Kuhn likes this.
  9. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male

10. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    I cannot get signed in on my computer for some reason in order to send you my files I'm on my phone right now in the files are not on my phone.
    Can someone help me get sign back in to the Forum on my computer I always have problems with this I do not know why Keith Kuhn

11. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    THANK YOU
    HERE IS MY LATEST, MY TYPHOON H LOST POWER
    AND CRASHED. FILES BELOW.
    KEITH KUHN

Attached Files:

12. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #12 WTFDproject, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    [QUOTE=" HERE IS MY LATEST, MY TYPHOON H LOST POWER AND CRASHED. FILES BELOW.
    [/QUOTE]

Keith,
    I can’t do much more than read the highlights and offer some graphs to show the flight. It does appear the motors got “turned off” about 45 feet above ground, not due to an impact. Lots of stick movement about this same time.
    The “Off” button and the “Down” stick share the same control channel. One of the more experienced members might want to look at the interaction on that channel. There is at least one very low “control” reading just as the “off” signal begins.
    I provided some stuff from the program for your review. Does this look like the correct event? And don’t panic if none of this seems right. I am nowhere near an expert at reading this stuff. Just get a good laugh on me and wait for someone else to provide a real reading.
    1.JPG 2.JPG 3.jpg 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

13. Keith Kuhn

Keith Kuhn New Member

May 8, 2019
    Male
    Thanks again
    I WAS ABLE TO VIEW THE GRAPH
    I COULD NOT REALLY SEE IT, AS IT WAS BLURRY.
    PLUS I HAVE MACULAR DEGENERATION.
    THIS IS THE REASON FOR THE CAPS.
    KEITH KUHN
    PS NOT SURE WHY BUT I ALWAYS HAVE
    CREATE A NEW PASSWORD, IT WONT STAY
    SIGNED IN.
    PAIN IN THE NECK
    THE GOOGLE MAP THING IS COOL.
    ARE YOU SAYING IT MAY HAVE BEEN A GLITCH IN MY CONTROLLER ?

14. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #14 WTFDproject, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    I don't know enough to say it was a controller glitch or not.
    I thought you were doing the "off button bump" tactic others have used to make the Th come down, and just held it too long. If you did not actually push the "Off" button, then that is a BIG clue to someone reviewing, because that is definitely what the data shows happened. (Not just feedback from the drone, straight data from the controller itself said the off button was pushed and held.) And by the way, the drone started down fast as soon as the off button showed pushed, and was still coming down when the motors stopped. I guess the "off button bump" tactic really works.

You focused this thread on the crash itself. It sounds like you also need help with the "TH not landing" issue. I don't know much about it, but there are a lot of threads talking about it. I know there are some things that likely cause the issue, some ways to make it land, and I think there was a firmware update that was supposed to resolve it (might be wrong on that one)

Or you could start another thread. If your vision is making it difficult to review old posts, I believe others that are more familiar with the issue would be willing to help out.

15. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

HI KEITH,

DID YOU ALREADY FOUNT THE TYPHOON H? FROM TELEMETRY IT SHOULD BE HERE:
    crash1.jpg crash2.jpg

@WTFDproject IS RIGHT, THE MOTOR-STOP COMMAND WAS SENT TO COPTER AND IT SWITCHED OFF ALL MOTORS. TWO REASONS:
    - YOU PRESSED THE BUTTON BY ACCIDENT
    - CHANNEL SETTINGS FOR "THR" IS CORRUPT

THERE IS NO INDICATION THAT "BUTTON BUMP" WAS DONE TO BRING IT DOWN. THE DESCENT FOLLOWS THE STICK MOVEMENT (GREEN ARROWS).
    ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png

br HE

16. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    My lesson learned:
    If it does not start up normally, suspect corrupt firmware & re-flash it. (It was not RFI.)

I went to fly a mission at noon.
    The H would not arm normally.
    Then it spun the props & stopped by itself.
    Power off & reboot both the ST16 & the H. Same problem.

Later at home, I did a full test.

The log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wxuvgqlccwdapi/Telemetry_00174 crash.csv?dl=0

17. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    #17 WTFDproject, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    @Sureshot,

Cannot do much of a review with only the Telemetry file. If you will zip up the entire flight log directory, and post it here, much more can be determined.

The obvious standout available from telemetry only is a time change. The recorded time "backed up" exactly one hour during the time you were trying to start motors. See attached files.

Sureshot1.JPG Sureshot2.JPG

There was also lots of breakup in the signal from the drone, which could be either a drone issue or a controller issue. Can't tell much until the other files are made available
    Please describe any maintenance, firmware changes made to either drone or controller between last good flight and the problem flights.

18. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    #18 Sureshot, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    A similar problem, My lesson learned:
    If it does not start up normally, suspect corrupt firmware & re-flash it. (It was not RFI.)

I went to fly a mission at noon.
    The H would not arm normally.
    Then it spun the props & stopped by itself.
    Power off & reboot both the ST16 & the H. Same problem.

Later at home, I did a full test.
    It took-off and would not descend.
    Then it stopped the motors at 300ft AGL.

The logs show the ST16 was OK, but the H was having trouble with ch0.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wxuvgqlccwdapi/Telemetry_00174 crash.csv?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsrb8tsybdj2s79/Remote_00174.csv?dl=0
    (edit to fix video link)

19. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    [QUOTE="
    The logs show the ST16 was OK, but the H was having trouble with ch0.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wxuvgqlccwdapi/Telemetry_00174 crash.csv?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsrb8tsybdj2s79/Remote_00174.csv?dl=0
    [/QUOTE]

Channel 0 is showing what the ST16 is sending, not what the drone is receiving. That is indicating a controller issue, not a drone issue.
    I am having tons of problems getting the files from drop box. I can't use the program to read the data unless I get the file downloaded to my computer. Please attach the files to a post. And again, without the full Flight Log directory, review will be limited.

20. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Channel 0 is showing what the ST16 is sending, not what the drone is receiving. That is indicating a controller issue, not a drone issue.
    I am having tons of problems getting the files from drop box. I can't use the program to read the data unless I get the file downloaded to my computer. Please attach the files to a post. And again, without the full Flight Log directory, review will be limited.[/QUOTE]
    Also I'm thinking about a periodic maintenance checklist.
    It might include items like: every 50 flights - re-flash the firmware, re-calibrate compass & accelerometers.
    I forgot the free dropbox is sloooooow.
    Here are most of the logs.

Attached Files: