Typhoon Q500+ Your feedback on the sale of:

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by PJP, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    #1 PJP, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Hello all,

Before I put a lot of time into a sales pitch along with photos, etc. I wanted to see if I could get some feedback first:

I have a Q500+ w/CGO2 camera that I am considering selling. This is a turnkey, ready to go set of equipment. Used, but not abused. (Located in the USA)

Is there a market for this item these days?

(Please don't ask for a price - I'm not going to price it unless I list it for sale)

Any feedback appreciated.

Thank you for you help.

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    Hello PJP
    Depending on what day of the week it is you can pick up a refurbished one for around $320 bucks and that is with the newer CGO3 camera so your pricing would have to reflect to the older camera. Is there a market for the Q500? I would say yes as I see on here and on other forums new members posting " Hey I just got a Q500 and I need help " so yes they still are a great platform for beginners. The one thing that might be the problem is the older camera. You might also consider parting it out. Lots of people looking for spare parts :)

3. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Thanks Jagerbomb. I'll keep that in mind. I also have many extras along with it such as Hitec charger, prop balancer, etc. which could save a beginner a lot of money.

4. Inkling

Inkling New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Theres a market for anything if you price it right, and its quality is good. Maybe attach some pictures?

5. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I have a Q500+, and can't ever see wanting to sell it. The camera isn't bad, works fine for my needs. 1080P is the best I can display, computer struggles a little sometimes. I've got a CGO3, that I've never flown, bought it for a replacement, but crashed the 500G first. Gimbel on the first 4k camera died. I don't think the CGO2 isa deal killer, it's still a nice camera, many people don't want the larger files or higher resolution. The Q500 is a good step-up, from the toys, think most people will be happy with the camera as well. Anyone interested in a better camera, would probably go for a new model drone as well. The price you get, will be what someone is willing to pay, set too high, and it might be a long wait. The basic refurb Q500+ is $320-$349, depends on the case, number of batteries. I got 2 batteries, and an aluminum case, with wheels. You'd think they could have done better than styrofoam inserts... Thing about buying used, is there is often little recourse, compared to buying a refurb of Amazon, or some other store. Even with great extras, wouldn't expect to compete with a retail price.

6. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Thanks.

7. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Understood. I agree, the camera is very good. I am so involved with my "land" photography, that I just don't fly at all these days. I might just keep it in case I get the urge again some day...or perhaps surprise a youngster or organization that could us it for a kids group. We'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

8. Shanna Deal

Shanna Deal New Member

Nov 8, 2018
    I just purchased 2 of them complete cams and all on eBay for 400 the SALE says 500 for some reason but it was only 400 trust me and I'm not sure there worth that makes 4 of them but people are paying about 330 for refurbished models on avg

9. PJP

PJP Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Male
    99% Retired & Lovin' It!
    Florida USA
    Thank for your input.

10. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Never liked Ebay, takes a lot of work, to get a good deal, and of course, PayPal (not your friend, at all). Even if you find a price, lower than the going retail, usually shipping kills the savings, or you get to wait 4-8 weeks delivery. Then there are some differences in what is listed, and what is actually delivered, sometimes close enough, sometime pretty useless, and you have to work at getting your money back. Lot of work, often a gamble, but there are enough honest folks to keep it running.

The truth in selling anything, is that it's only worth as much, as someone is willing to pay. I don't know if Yuneec has stopped producing them, but it's a very old model, compared to how quickly the technology is moving. The prices are low, like clearing out the old stock. Don't think the price will drop much more though, it's still flies good, and better than many of the new tech at the same price. I plan to fly mine, until it dies, and repairs would cost too much, compared to just getting a newer model.

11. CHARLES CREEL

CHARLES CREEL New Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Male
    seeking camera for Q5004k. crashed mine but copter seems ok.

Any input appreciated.

Charles
    wb4qbd@gmail.com

SS Enterprise likes this.
  12. #12 SS Enterprise, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Here is the new camera on Ebay for $225, I'm going to buy a spare one too but I'll use my own dampeners I bought from Yuneec. Not sure about those ball Dampeners, anyone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuneec-CGO...epid=2007028375&hash=item4684a4c372:rk:1:pf:0

On another note to the original post, there are a couple Q500 4K's around me for sale for approx. $350 that look like new that I may buy. I love my Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k and will fly it into the ground before I ever get rid of it! I love this bird. I've never had to like brushless motors like I do now!! I could never fly helos but I can fly a quad! GPS guided drones are the best but I will NOT buy a bag of bumble bees as in the toys made by DJI called a phantom! Like a phantom, they're just that, a ghost,but, never stand in the way of a TYPHOON! LOL!!!!

My hobby is photography and I can take photos and videos that we could only hire helicopter pilots to do before these babies came around!! WE have taken back control for pennies on the dollar and the photos can be priceless!!! Heading out to film my lakes soon. Take care!!! Scott

Attached Files: