UAV Toolbox for the Typhoon H

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by Jagerbomb52, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Tuna is a member here and he has been working on this app to help Typhoon H pilots.
    He has made a lot of improvements so check it out.

Features
    • Preview FPV video & stills on the ST-16, synchronized with map display
    • Edit cable cam missions on the ST-16, with accurate camera and flight path estimation.
    • Download telemetry files straight to your PC - no more SD Cards!
    • Download or view FPV video & stills directly in your PC browser
    • Convert telemetry ready for video overlay tools such as DashWare and Google Maps (GPX)
    • View and playback routes on the ST-16 with maps available offline
    • Detailed statistics for flights
    • Error analysis: Compass calibration, voltage warning etc.
    • Annotate files - makes it easy to identify your best flights
    • Share your routes with quick screenshots
    • Curved Cable Cam review - the most accurate estimation of your planned flights
    • Manage your Curved Cable Cam routes - rename, copy, delete

http://www.uavtoolbox.com/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Tags:
    Keith miller, midego, droner and 4 others like this.
  2. Tun

Tuna Member

Flight Center has a new name, it's...

... launching in a couple of days!

The current version of Flight Center is due to expire, and I'm working hard on the official launch of version 2.0. It'll have a new name, a new website and you'll be able to get rid of those pesky expired messages.

Your support will be needed. With your help I hope we can take third party support for Yuneec UAVs to a new level. So please, bear with me as I get the last few components in place!

3. Dan

Daniel G New Member

Aw man... I have some mapping I needed to do this weekend with your app. I hope it comes out soon.

Thank you for all the hard work you've put in also Tuna. You wouldn't happen to have a sneak peak of the features to the new Flight Center would you? I'm really hoping to be able to create grid formations and have the points all angle in one single direction so I don't have to manually set them.

droner likes this.
  4. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Nice ;-)

5. pau

paul guy New Member

When will it be available

6. Jagerbomb52

I heard he is trying to get it released for Sunday or Monday

paul guy likes this.
  7. Tun

Tuna Member

It's out! Flight Center is now called UAV Toolbox. At last you can unlock it so it won't expire!

[​IMG]
    Along with the new logo, there are improved menus, better offline map handling, speed readouts on telemetry and a collection of bug fixes. Head over to the new website to download it: http://www.uavtoolbox.com

Note that you need to Register to evaluate the app - tap register and give your email and choose a password
    Existing users don't need to uninstall Flight Center, just follow the usual installation instructions

The free evaluation expires after 14 days. If you want to continue after that, I'm asking for a small payment. For the moment the app only takes credit cards, but PayPal should be available shortly.

skwty, kbates, droner and 4 others like this.
  8. Jagerbomb52

Thanks Tuna, your the man. Don't be shy and stop by every now and again :) . Great work your doing for the Typhoon H people.

Tuna likes this.
  9. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,
    Flight Center run with ST24 and H920 ?

10. Tun

Tuna Member

I've not been able to try it, but I suspect it might not. You can always have a go with the free evaluation. You won't be able to set up cable cam routes for the H920, but you may be able to view telemetry.

Hopefully I'll have something more to announce for other models in the New Year.

11. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,
    Nice idea !
    OK. I propose you to try it for telemetry and make a feed-back.

12. droner

droner Active Member

Wow! What a good thing, 3rd party to help Yuneec! Thought about the Q or Chroma or just too late for them? Good job!

13. Jagerbomb52

Here is a little info Tuna has posted elsewhere but I thought it would be helpful to some.

Tuna is working on a manual. You have a few choices:

Tap on Telemetry to see a list of your flights.
    You can tap one to see it on a map and play through the flight, see speed, altitude and bearing.
    Whilst you're looking at a flight, you can tap the little graph icon to see statistics for that flight - times, radio reception, errors and warnings and so on.
    You can tap on the little 'speech bubble' icon whilst looking at the telemetry list or an individual flight to make a note for that flight to help you find good ones.

Tap on Media to see the FPV video and photos taken during flights.
    You can tap on a video to play it back next to the map, with the map view synchronised with the video.

Tap on Cable Cam to see the cable cam routes you've set up.
    Tap on Missions to design a cable cam mission - You'll see a list of existing missions and a big green button to create a new one.

The Online/offline indicator at the bottom of the main menu shows when you're connected to your home wifi or a hotspot.
    When you're connected, typing the URL it shows into your PC or phone browser will give you a web page showing the telemetry and media stored on the ST-16
    You can download telemetry, photos and video just by clicking the links. Telemetry is automatically fixed up so you can use it in software like Dashware.
    You can also click on the (gpx) link to download your telemetry as a GPX file, which you can import into Google maps.

Also on the main menu, you can tap on the settings option to change between imperial and metric units, and to select satellite view maps.

When you're registered you don't need to log out, unless you plan to switch to a different registration.
    Maps are cached for offline use - the map view you have seen should be retained offline for some time.

Hope that helps.

kbates, Denis56 and Tuna like this.
  14. TxS

TxStig New Member

If we have the older app, would it be best to do a clean install or is it OK to just do the update \ upgrade?

15. Tun

Tuna Member

Install the new app over the old and it should pick up any notes you've made against previous flights. You don't need to uninstall the old version.

16. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,

I try to install the new UVA Toolbox 2.0 on my ST24 remote control "Android Pad":
    http://www.uavtoolbox.com

I had this error message after I executed uav_toolbox_2_0.apk file with the File Manage utility App. on the ST24 PAD :
    Parse error
    There was a problem parsing the package.

I use Android 4.1.1 version on my ST24.

I installed many App.on my ST24 PAD without problem:
    Google Maps, UAV Forecast, Solar Activity, Sun position, Chrome, Instagram....

Could you help me ?

IMG_4159.JPG

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  17. Tun

Tuna Member

It has been built and tested against Android 4.4.4 (which is what the ST-16 runs), so I'm not too surprised if it fails on the ST-24, as the Android build on that is over a year older. I've really not tested it on that device. However, I may have some further news later in January for H-920 owners.

Denis56 likes this.
  18. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,
    OK. Thanks for your reply and good news.
    Indeed Yuneec has abandoned professionals with no updates on the ST24 and Tornado H920 since the beginning of 2016 for mainstream drones like Breeze or Typhoon H (semi-professional).
    The ST24 which is sold much more expensive than the ST16 is an antiquated in comparison and its flight software more limited. Understand why ! While a software update could improve the situation. If Yuneec Santa Claus read that he does not hesitate to ask the elves work to change the situation ;-)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  19. Tun

Tuna Member

As I understand it, the H920 has not been abandoned, but they have some pretty ambitious plans for it that have taken some time to complete. Hopefully, all will be revealed at CES in a week's time.

20. Denis56

Denis56 Active Member

Hi,
    OK. Thanks for this good news.
    We're waiting impatiently ;-)