Unable to select 60 fps, will not film in anything but 50 fps

Discussion in 'C-GO2' started by aaoaoo, Mar 25, 2016.

1. aao

aaoaoo New Member

Just looping back after a brief email conversation with support (in which all they did was suggest firmware updates that were already done). The camera firmware on my CGO2+ is 2.8.0.0(e). I'm worried that the (e) might mean EU, and I'm in the US.

However, I was just now able to change to 60fps on the mobile app, and successfully record in 60fps. Now the recording mode is stuck on 60fps, even after rebooting the ST10+.

So my problem is no longer an issue for me since I only intend to record in 60 fps, but in the future, I can only change the FPS via the mobile app, and not via the ST10+. So even though somehow the ST10+ isn't working quite as it should, it's working for my purposes.

2. gen

gendy04 New Member

I'm waiting for my ST10+ coming back from the European office, and hope that the rebooting solve the issue.
    For the support, the problem is that I updated the remote with the American firmware.
    SUPPORT reply: "I already know this Problem, it is because of the ST10+ Software b29c. We need to reboot the ST10+ here."
    If it doesn't work, I will do the change for FPS from the mobile app too, and wait for a new firmware that solve this issue....

3. gen

gendy04 New Member

I received a mail from the technical support today (Germany).
    This is really a bug with the firmware 29c and CG02+ camera: "We know the firmware 29c has a bug when use a CG02+"
    It will send me back the remote on monday.
    Wait and see....

4. gen

gendy04 New Member

Hello,

I received my ST10+ from the European support, in Germany.
    After a reboot and a new update with the 24c european firmware, I can now change my FPS with the setting menu.
    It was really the 29c firmware the problem, use with the CG02+ camera!!

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

So basically all that needed to be done was to downgrade the St10+ back to the 24C firmware. Interesting.

6. gen

gendy04 New Member

Yes, but it's necessary to reboot the system of the remote to downgrade!
    24c firmware is the European firmware, 29c is the American firmware.
    I don't know what's the difference between the 2 firmwares.

7. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

I believe if you took the 24c firmware and renamed it to the 29c firmware and bumped the number up by on point it would have taken the file.

8. gen

gendy04 New Member

I don't know if it works for the ST10, it's possible.
    It works for the camera, I do it.

9. Rumen Vasilev

Rumen Vasilev New Member

I can not find information, how to downgrading firmware (from 29c to 24c). Standard instructions (not obtained) use the SD card and no relation with names..

10. ninjabraap

ninjabraap New Member

Hey! I've been having the same problem, and emailed the company. I performed a few tests, and this is what I found.

Tried switching it again, just to make sure the problem was continuing. Same as before, selected a different frame rate (60FPS) and it still showed 50FPS afterwards. Tried recording, came back to select a different frame rate, and it showed it was now at 60FPS. So I tried switching to 48FPS, and recording again. Unfortunately it did not switch to 48FPS. So I tried switching to 50FPS and recording. It didn’t switch to 50FPS, and now seems stuck on 60FPS.

I also received a response within an hour from Yuneec US support, which they said, "
    Please go to camera select and make sure you have the CGO2+ camera selected. If it is and you still have issues please call in at 844-898-6332."

I tried what they said, and it didn't help at all. No change in behavior.

As to Yuneec support being slow or not responding, this was my second time contacting them, the first was a separate issue that I solved myself. However, that was on Friday 05/20/2016, and I received no response to that email. When I emailed them the second time though, I included my model, and registered serial number in the subject line, and received a response within the hour.

Next step is to call them for me, hope this helps.

Moriarti likes this.
  11. ray

raymondholland New Member

I tried to restore firmware but he remains in the installing mode with Start after the update 30c I can not he set the picture settings will remain at 50p 16.9 can not put him at 45 or 60p
    who has an idea to solve it

This is updated
    cgo2 + 2.8.0std
    Q500 4k v1.07
    st10 + 30c fupdate