US customer service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skippy_flip, Jul 30, 2019.

1. skippy_flip

skippy_flip New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    This company really is the absolute Pitts. Had a customer service call scheduled for today and they unilaterally cancelled it without even the courtesy of telling me why? Now the earliest I can even get an appointment is a week from now and I have to resubmit all this information I submitted to them.

I sorely regret the day I bought a drone from this cesspool of a company.

Sent from my iPad using Yuneec-Forum.com

2. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    You're not alone. Their customer service has been going downhill for awhile. As usual, it's crappy management that causes the demise of a company.

3. Kirkster

Kirkster New Member

May 19, 2017
    Male
    My Typhoon H+ has been sitting at KAV Serv for over a month and a half waiting to be replaced. Yuneec doesn't respond to any e-mail. I finally got ahold of someone on the chat who said he would get right back to me with an answer and that was two weeks ago. I need to call American Express and see what my options are. I want my money back.

4. Bob Patterson

Bob Patterson New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    Guys, my first drone 5 years ago was a Blade 350QX and I bought two if them. When it became apparent that I would beed to upgrade if I were going to be serious about a drone photography business. I bought the original Q500. I avoided DJI because of the horror stories I had heard. When it needed serviced I sent it to CA and was dismayed at the crappy communications from customer service. I lucked out and got to know a tech who personally took good care of my bird and repair even though it took 3 weeks longer than promised. I went on to purchase two Q500 4k units and a Q500 G for a total of 4 units. You would think the suggestions I made to CS would have hit home but it did not. I think it is a cultural issue - seriously. The fish stinks at the head.

5. Bob Patterson

Bob Patterson New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Male
    By the way, I came to realize that if I were to really be serious about this business I would have to go DJI, which I did 3 years ago. Now we have an Inspire 1 and two Mavic Pros. Have not touched the Yuneec units in over 2 years.

DJI does have their shit together these days. Yuneec... good luck.

6. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    I spoke with a ex-manager from Yuneec. He was let go because he was trying to build up the costumer service and it went against the grain of the higher ups in China. He alluded to the fact that it is a cultural issue as you stated.

7. jdube

jdube New Member

Dec 23, 2016
    It's a shame. I purchased two H480's in 2016 and 2017. Back then I always had someone answer my calls within minutes, got quick answers and or fixes to problems on the phone, and if I needed a repair, they sent my replacement as soon as they received a notice that my unit was picked up by UPS. There was a software issue in the first year causing some crashes and as soon as you called them they would sent your replacement. Then in late 2017 their CS started a decline. I am fortunate my birds continue to fly well. If you need service, check with Carolina Dronz. They may still service them and do a Great Job.

I also have two DJI Mavic Pro's and a Mavic 2 Pro. Will be buying the Autel EVO Advanced when it is released hopefully in the next couple of months.

8. Mark Waco

Mark Waco New Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Male
    I agree, I received 2 Q500's, first one could not bind the camera, second doing a bench test the R F motor quit and would not restart. I recalibrated and during thiS last flip 3 small chips fell out of the bird, I sent it back and bought a different drone. Now I have 2 new batteries and 2 sets of props just sitting in the drawer.