Q500 4K video wi-fi connectivity tidbit

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by droning on, Jan 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sticks

Sticks Active Member

There is a tiny LED on the front of the camera just above the lens (I can't remember if it's on the left or right side) It will start out red when you power up the Q500, then the camera will center itself then the led should turn green if all is well, or stay red and start beeping.

2. Ant

Antonio Esnaurrizar New Member

I swear there is no led on this camera. I even disassemble the cameras lens bezel and don't see an led. Could it be that its a different camera?
    Thanks.

3. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Watch the little red light on the front of the camera. It will turn green after a few seconds. There is a green light in the gimbal mount also. I believe that is the one you were looking at and you can see the shadow of that one beside the camera light. The camera light is just above the lens.

4. Edw

Edwin Gudinas New Member

I have a different problem, the 2] 64gb class 10 sd cards bought with the q500 wont work, yuneek says the cards have to be U3 Amazon shipped U1, all I get is black screen recorded, yes I did format FAT32, yuneek says installation of the sd in the st10+ isn't necessary. How much video on the 16g can I record until I get the right cards. Nobody told me , I just ordered the class 10 what yuneek told me to order.

5. Wil

William K. New Member

"ANOTHER 'geez' moment! Yuneec says to store the batteries at about 50%. either use a high end charger to pull the battery down, or just store the battery when the first in-flight warning comes up.
    ........ then they mention that 3.85 volts per cell is 'half'. well, my 'math' says this is 11.55 volts total. I'm confused, as when I get my first warning, I'm about 10.7 < this should be clarified!!"

EXACTLY!! I kept thinking half of a fully charged battery is 11.1 / 2 = 5.55 / 3 = 1.85 per cell, stupid I know but I'm sure others have done the same.

6. Ron

Ron_Dog New Member

Never ever let the cells get below 3.3V per cell! 3.8V is the correct voltage for storage,get a better charger,that will not only charge the battery,but charge/discharge the battery to 3.85V per cell (called storage charge).

RoboBoboCH likes this.
  7. mr birdseye

mr birdseye New Member

Hey Everyone!

I have the same issue as stated above! Did anyone ever get this resolved?

My Camera powers up - bird binds - it does not broadcast an SSID - for whatever reason - I've got a WHITE led above my camera.

Anyone know what that means!

Thank you ANYONE for the help :)

Its been doing this for a month for no particular reason :(

8. Tip

TipsyMcStagger Member

F'ing Yuneec... been going through hell trying to fix this problem. Just went to my ST10+, pulled the card.... voila. FPV is back... thanks to anyone who figured this out and posted it.

9. Tip

TipsyMcStagger Member

It worked for me, but you could have a different issue. Does it even show up in the bind list after you removed the card?

10. sky

skypuppy7 Member

Did you format the SD card after you brought it home? Did you format it in Linux, Winblows, or on a Mac? I don't know why, but it makes a difference. The most reliable way is to use Windows, in my experience. If you haven't formatted it, do it now.

11. The

TheMissingLink New Member

Another problem for you guys to give me advice on. I've just been on a holiday to the far east and took a lot of footage with my Q500. It's 50/50 whether I get a viable video or not, I get a lot of corrupted datas and very few actual footage. I took the footages in areas where there are no interferences at all eg cellphone or radio masts. I was in the middle of nowhere. although I have to say there were walls of mountain sides on some of the places I went to. These were very upsetting as I was expecting to get these great footages and instead get NADA.... Should I just sell this off and get a different platform altogether?