Q500 4K Voice to announce drone's critical flight status ?

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Micanopy Mike, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Micanopy Mike

Micanopy Mike New Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Male
    I went flying with a friend who has a home-made hexacopter entirely built with bits and pieces he ordered.
    It flies well and has a feature I would like to have for my own Q500 4K. He programmed a receiver to decode
    his drones flight telemetry and report selected critical flight data such as battery voltage, altitude, time of flight,
    and others in a LOUD voice. I flew his drone and found the voice reports to be a very good feature.

My Q500 4K controller screen has numerical displays of critical flight data but they are very hard to read
    even with the sun-glare hood in place. I think the Q500 4K controller screen display was designed by young
    people with excellent close-up vision. The telemetry readouts on the Q500 4K controller screen are done
    with a very small font and hard to read. It was really nice to be able to hear the loud voice on my friends
    telemetry voice reporter receiver without having to squint down into my controller sun-shield hood. Is it
    possible to do this same thing with my Q500 4K drone? Has anyone done this?

2. mrburns

mrburns Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2015
    Male
    Leicestershire United Kingdom
    It certainly would be a plus point.

You can only hope that Yuneec pick up this point

3. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Male
    Yes for sure. I also do a bit of android programming myself and based on my limited knowledge, should not be too difficult to do. Yuneec, in the next software upgrade ?