Wanting a drone for my research of supercells

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Extremeweather247, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Extremeweather247

Extremeweather247 New Member

Aug 2, 2019
    Male
    looking for a great drone for using to fly during the generation of a supercell storm, I had a Blade Chroma 4K, that had a flyaway issue due to losing connectivity. I was doing a public service announcement for the National Weather Service. I am a Meteorologist, storm chaser,spotter along with a veteran law enforcement officer. I’ve got a few sponsors but no sponsors to ship me a drone. I’ve got a YouTube channel, Twitter, Instagram, and website. Anyone who has a drone for sale, and willing to give a good price I’ll tag you, and give you a shout out on my multiple platforms. If you’re a builder then you’ll have a lot of attention due to my channels, and Instagram. I’ve still got my ST10# still. Not able to use it so if anyone has a used Blade Chroma for sale or anything that will bind with it that’s fine. Just let me know what y’all have. Can purchase Tue-Wed, if anyone is nice enough to donate one to a veteran law enforcement officer who’s on disability from work related injuries, as well as a big time social media nut who gives shout out to sponsors. I use their equipment they send, and then make a whole video on their product, and how useful it is for someone like me, and others. My email is coodyd@yahoo.com. Please let me know what you have for sale everyone. Thanks Yuneec Forum for being part of my adventure.

2. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Member

May 29, 2015
    Male
    Ski Patrol
    Bessemer, MI
    If you are looking for something that can handle a lot of wind I suggest the H Plus or the H520. Either will tolerate extreme wind conditions.

Extremeweather247 likes this.
  3. Extremeweather247

Extremeweather247 New Member

Aug 2, 2019
    Male
    I’ve looked at the 520. It’s been mentioned to me by one of the older sponsors I had. I have always liked the Yuneec brand. The old Blade Chroma I had, I beefed it up a bit, did the update, and changed some parameters on it, and it did amazing in wind. It was heavy enough to stay put during high winds, and motors were strong enough to keep it there. I’m going to look at seeing if I can get one of the sponsors to check the 520 out. I actually really like the way they’re are built.

Sent from my iPhone using Yuneec-Forum.com

Steve Carr likes this.
  4. Steve Carr

Steve Carr Member

May 29, 2015
    Male
    Ski Patrol
    Bessemer, MI
    The H520 and the H Plus are identical hardware but have different software (firmware). If you are looking at a photography/videography platform then you should look at the H Plus. The 520 is really set up for mapping and inspections. The H Plus is set up for photogs. It flies smoother for good video performance. There is also a huge difference in price.