Waypoint Flight Time/battery estimate per 1000 m ?

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by CrashALot, Aug 22, 2019.

1. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Have created a ~19 point waypoint set for flying around Cannon Beach Haystack/etc and was wondering if anyone has calculated approx % of battery usage & time of flight ?

Total Distance is 2170 m, and will fly it at moderate/50% speed.

assuming 100% charged battery.

Thx !

http://www.videociel.com/us/typhoonh/#

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    That comes to about 14 minutes at 2.5m/s.

My CCC missions are flown at 5m/s with full up stick, so you could go faster.
    The CCC mission in this example was approx 900m in auto and another ~500m in angle mode.
    https://uavtoolbox.com/playback.html?id=1f5f927d-769b-4945-a1da-83ce02f2debb

3. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Don't forget to factor in the wind.

4. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    so 14mins of battery per 1000m ?

saw your uav dl and that is a nice tool, thx for the view/info of battery consumption.

5. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    #5 Sureshot, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Wind was not a factor on this flight.
    You probably noticed that the CCC mission included a climb to 350ft & hover.
    Climbs & headwinds are your biggest variables.
    Most of the resulting video was produced at 2x speed to fit the music & hold viewer interest.

6. tigna

tigna New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Male
    near Roma, Italia

Hi Sureshot,
    I saw your video and regardless of the fact that it is out of focus, but I was interested in the flight mode (s).
    Let me explain: you practically, I believe, that you switched from an external flight via GPS to a flight inside a warehouse in IPS mode. If so, you can explain to me the steps you took to change from one type of flight to another or everything happened automatically.
    Thanks for the information

7. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    #7 Sureshot, Sep 12, 2019 at 8:24 PM
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    Only the aerial scenes were done with the H.
    The indoor (ground level) scenes were done with cheap action cam on a cheap gimbal.
    The transition was crudely done with a 2 second cross blur.
    The lack of sharpness inside was caused by low light resulting in slow shutter speed.
    Some call it cinematic motion blur. Rendering at double speed made it worse.
    cam on gimbal.jpg I prefer higher shutter speeds, but not much can be done in low light with a cheap cam.
    A more professional job would match the transition images closer, and color balance the 2 cameras.
    I'm still learning.

8. Sureshot

Sureshot Member

Feb 21, 2019
    Male
    retired
    Cleveland TN
    I should add this warning.
    The big steel in structures like this is often magnetized, which can ruin compass navigation.
    Only a plane with downward optical & sonar positioning sensors can reliably fly indoors.

9. tigna

tigna New Member

Aug 11, 2019
    Male
    near Roma, Italia
    Too bad, I was hoping you could provide me with information about the two flight modes that I thought were automatic drone or programmed by you. Thanks to your experience I would have acquired more information, but that's okay.
    Good luck for the improvement of your experiences and once you have acquired damage to the forum information that you will give merit.
    Thanks again.