Weekend observations.

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Lawrence, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    Saturday it was snowing and the winds were 14 mph gusting to 19 mph. Having 6 flights under my belt I figured that I should see how the Chroma would hold in the wind. I have the camera off and prop guards on. I was in angle mode and hovered at around 10 ft. Position was ROCK solid but altitude wavered a bit. This could have been due to the gusting wind. If you watch the video you will see a noticeable drop in altitude when I turned toward me........that was my fault.
    Sunday morning was calm so I did a little speed test. Again with no camera and prop guards on. Angle mode - 15.3 mph. Stability mode - 43.7 mph. Ability mode - with my experience - I don't dare try that mode. Like I've said in previous posts, this is my first quad, but I'm pretty pleased so far.

If the link doesn't work search YouTube for "blade chroma hovering in 19 mph wind"

Decal Dennis, droner and RonK95 like this.
  2. MikeCaputo

MikeCaputo Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    SI NY
    Great clip..a testament to how these birds can maintain position (thank you, GPS!)

But I would be more worried about the electronics getting wet. I flew yesterday, but it was calm and sunny. Just a boatload of snow on the ground.

3. Lawrence

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    I quit flying right after taking the video because it was snowing. Yesterday I hand launched and hand retreved.

MikeCaputo likes this.
  4. RonK95

RonK95 Active Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Male
    Coder
    Ohio, USA
    Lawrence: You are a brave man, my friend. Excellent video!!

droner likes this.
  5. Lawrence

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Just ask my wife!

6. RonK95

RonK95 Active Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Male
    Coder
    Ohio, USA
    I convinced my wife years ago that I am hopelessly stupid. Life has been blissful since!!

:D

droner and BigAnthony like this.