What system/marking do you use to mark charged batteris vs discharged ?

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Discussion' started by CrashALot, Mar 9, 2019.

1. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    I now have 6 TH batteries and need a system.

Rather than having to place batteries in a certain location or some such, and i am space limited, what system do you use to indicate if battery is charged vs storage state ?

i visualize a nice small stuck on indicator that can be flipped that shows a color (charged) vs no color for discharged, that would be handy just use finger nail to flip it down or up.

anyone have such ?? where to buy or how to make ?

2. Sureshot

Sureshot New Member

Feb 21, 2019
    #2 Sureshot, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    After charging a battery, it goes into the H.
    I keep the whole rig in the backpack. The nearest slot to the H is next in rotation.
    If plans change and a battery is still charged after 4 days, I discharge it back to storage.
    I also open a line in the flight log when a battery is charged.

3. Charles Bridges

Charles Bridges New Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    I just ordered exactly what you are describing for my batteries. I have 5 batteries for my H and 3 for my Q500 4K, so felt that I too needed something to indicate what state a battery was in. I labeled all batteries 1, 2, 3,... and the slots the same. I will put these stickers on when I receive them. This was, not only do I get a visual indicator, but can rotate my batteries so they get even usage. Here is a link to ebay, but you might be able to find them locally.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10pcs-EV-PE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

4. CrashALot

CrashALot Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Great i like it except for it coming from china !! 1 or 2 should come with each and every battery !!!!
    for now i have just started using blue masking tape w/ a 'd' to indicate discharge & nothing on charge batteries.
    w/ my next order will add those markers, in my basket now.
    TA !

5. Werner

Werner Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Male
    Photographer
    Southwest Ranches
    I use Drone Complier App to know which batteries are charged, used and in storage.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

6. Charles Bridges

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    I received my markers today. They are fairly small and come with a sticker to monitor how many charges. I put a nickel next to it to reference size. .8 in by .35 in. by 1/16 in. I like them.

Attached Files:

7. BigA

BigA New Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Male
  8. Charles Bridges

Jan 17, 2017
    Male
    I actually have a tester to check voltages. This is great for verifying the voltage level of a battery. The thing is, until you pull this out and plug it in, you still have no idea if the battery in your hands is charged or not. With the stickers/slider, you have a visual indication of the charge state of a battery without even taking it out of it's storage slot in the case. This method also helps you maintain an even number of uses/flights on each battery.