What's the difference in camera between H and Q500?

Discussion in 'Photo's and Video's' started by dawnv, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dawnv

dawnv New Member

I am confused. I received the Yuneec Q500 4k drone for Christmas. Honestly, I mainly care about low light photography.... sunrise/sunset. But the camera is not impressing me. When I google the two drones, the images between the Yuneec Q500 4k and Yuneec H are drastically different when looking at images are compared from one drone to the other.

It was my impression, they both had the same camera. So why are my pictures so horrible in low light? Is there a firmware update I need to update?

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Both cameras can produce very nice sunset\sunrise pictures. You just need to play around with some manual settings. The CGO3 has never been a very good low light camera. If left in auto you most likely will get a grainy photo.
    The CGO3+ has a newer Sony sensor and a better lens but it still is not the best for low light pictures. Like I said you need to test different settings.

Sunrise picture taken from my CGO3.

YUN00006.jpg

tutall76 and skwty like this.
  3. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Really foggy looking lens and grainy! LOL ! Try the CGO3+:rolleyes:
    "Payback" ! LOL !:D

4. Jagerbomb52

5. Jagerbomb52

This picture was taken with my older CGO2+ camera. I still think the CGO2+ took way better pictures then the CGO3 & CGO3+.
    It does have a true 16MP Still Capture where as the CGO3 & CGO3+ are only 12 MP. Really to bad :(
    1445540805050.jpg

DroneClone likes this.
  6. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

I agree with you JB, If they could just move forward instead of reverse, we'd all be better off! Or should I say move reverse instead of forward ! LOL !:confused:

7. Jagerbomb52

Well it should be interesting to see what developes from ces-2017. The Yuneec 920 will be getting some updates I'm pretty sure and I think the Typhoon H will also get some added products. Also rumored is a Typhoon between the two so it should be interesting watching what unfolds in the next few days.
    Not that I can afford any more toys but its nice to dream :)

8. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

I hear ya!, Has CES already started and for how long? I'm so busy at work, I never have time to check!

9. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Hey JB, I found a new job for my drone and I, For those "Hard" to reach places ! LOL !

flogrown likes this.
  10. dawnv

dawnv New Member

I have updated my avatar. I'm located in NC USA. So, if my Q500 came with the standard cg03, I can upgrade to the cg03+? Or is there rumor firmware is likely in the near future to correct this issue?

11. dawnv

dawnv New Member

Here are 2 sunrise pictures I got yesterday the first one is edited in lightroom. The second is unedited from the camera. I captured these on the cg03 2017-01-04 Sunrise-Drone-00131-1.jpg 2017-01-04 Sunrise-Drone-00136-1.jpg

12. Jagerbomb52

No CGO3+ is for the Typhoon H only. No upgrade for the Typhoon 500 series. You are running the best camera for the Typhoon 500 unless you want to buy the GoPro gimbal and use a GoPro camera that will give you better pictures.

13. Jagerbomb52

Pictures look nice to me but like I said the CGO3 And the CGO3+ are not very good in low light conditions. You will get a grainy picture.