when i power on it is in crash mode, it says land in angle mode. the camera is spinning as well.

Discussion in 'Help' started by frank hadfield, Apr 16, 2021.

1. frank hadfield

frank hadfield New Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    i replaced many parts and this is the first time i powered it on. It beeps like the crash mode and says land immediately in angled mode. it then pops up that avoidance system failed. it is disabled as well, any suggestions? thank you very much

2. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

What type of drone?
    Status LED blink and color code?
    All sensors and ESCs in GUI OK?
    Motor test in GUI OK?
    All cable connections checked?

br HE

Pier2162 likes this.
  3. frank hadfield

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    The drone is a TYphoon H plus
    The LED light is blinking blue
    Not sure what the ESC and GUI are, sorry
    What is the motor test in GUI?
    The cables are connected.
    I am sorry I am very non tech savvy. I do appreciate the help

4. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    The GUI is "Graphics User Interface". It is a program that runs on your computer. You connect to the Typhoon H with a data capable USB cord, and the GUI will show you a quick look at the issue. The ESCs are "Electronic Speed Controllers". Each motor is controlled by one. The GUI will tell you if one has failed. The indications you describe suggest this is what you have. The ZIP file at the bottom of your screen is the Typhoon H GUI. The sensor screen looks like this:
    GUI.jpg

You can probably ignore the Obstacle Avoidance alarms. That's a common nuisance with TH. It goes away after you get above 20ft altitude.

Attached Files:

5. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

I'm not sure if H Plus can be connected with Typhoon H GUI tool. Or is there something similar for the H Plus?

However, if there is not diagnostic tool we can see the motor status in the Flight2log files on the ST16S. It's worth to have alook on it.

By the way, is the drone bound to the controller? Blue blinking of status LED usually means 'waiting for binding'.

br HE

6. frank hadfield

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Th

Thank you for the help. I have the camera bound to controller, but have questions about the drone. Is there suppose to be a drone on the list? I see the camera on the list, but no drone. If there is to be one on the list, how do I go about putting one on the list?

I have looked for the GUI tool in yuncee web site, but have not been able to finds one. I am so lost

7. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Sorry, I can only speak for Typhoon H. I do not have a H Plus. But how to bind the drone should be part of the manual. Follow the 5 dteps to do it.
    You have to tip over the drone until it blinks orange to bring it in bind-mode. Then the receiver should appear in the list. There are two screen, one for the cam and another for the drone. The name of the receiver to select should start with SR24...

br HE

8. Pier2162

Pier2162 Member

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    #8 Pier2162, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    I also was thinking it was possible to use TH GUI, I've sent an email to Yuneec Europe. They just answer me what follow:
    " it is not possible and there is no specific software for the H plus model"
    I'm really surprised of this, that's not a good business card for whom that have bought or wish to buy this drone...

9. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

The so called GUI has been with us since Blade 350QX in different versions. It was always a good tool for diagnostics.
    I wonder if QGroundControl can replace this for the H Plus. It has also good features for troubleshooting for PX4 Autopilot driven vehicles.
    However, flight logs remain us for diagnostics and seems currently the only way to say what's going on with the thing above.

br HE

Pier2162 likes this.