Wizard firmware

Discussion in 'Steadygrip / Wizard' started by Jay34jay, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jay

Jay34jay New Member

Just wondering if anyone tried the update for the wizard. When I download the update tool it seems it's just looking for a program to open it with. Any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

So I'm guessing you ran the setup.exe and installed the program? Worked OK for me.
    Screenshot 2016-07-21 18.13.33.png

3. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Forgive me, I am new to Yuneec, Have a H and have about 70 flights, I have never used the Wizard, is there an update, If so how do you access, Thank you !:rolleyes:

4. Jagerbomb52

The firmware update is only for the older wizards I think. The ones that came with the TH should be up to date you would think. Anyways this is what the update does.
    Added connectivity to the Typhoon H
    Added retract combination (Typhoon H)
    Added Obstacle Avoidance on and off (Typhoon H)
    Added Watch Me/Follow Me combination (Typhoon H)
    Added Start/Stop Recording (CGO3+ only)
    Added Shutter Button (CG03+ only)
    http://www.yuneec.com/node/1170

Attached Files:

5. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Thank you JB52 ! Oh well, I updated it and it did the color flash and success , so I must be okay now ? Thank you for your help ! I have been on the YuneecPilots since start up and since I have been "banned" for 30 days by unjust Mods for setting a disrespectful newbie in his place( with some choice words !):eek:, I have found your helpful forum !;)

6. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Is there an "general" H forum where most H members hang out? This forums navigation is a bit different! Thank You ! And how to get there?

7. Jagerbomb52

mikeinaz likes this.
  8. Dro

DroneClone Active Member

Had nothing to do with knowledge my friend, but respect and honor ! I have been flying RC crafts for 50 years and take no value in the number of post counts and new or old posters, but knowledge and respect for others ! I expect nothing of my years of experience, nor is it a special "gift" but knowledge is wisdom and respect is honor!;)

9. Els

Elsaesser New Member

There is a new Firmware for the Wizard "wizard_v3.0_2016_7_25.yuneec". Can't find any manual or software (mac) for the update procedure. Any one already succeeded?
    Thx

10. Roy

Royce Sims Member

I am wondering the same i emailed yuneec . when I use the typhoon software and plug the wizard into usb it won't load a driver for it .

11. Bartolomé

Bartolomé New Member

Hi guys! I have a Q500+ since 9 months and a Wizard since 6 months too. I used it many times with stock firmware and now i updated to the new 3.0 firmware.
    Since that, the Green light status for Aircraft mode (upper left led), when i select Smart Mode, is blinking every 3 seconds. Before flashing the new firmware was allways solid Green.
    Do you know why?
    Nothing seems to be wrong but i dont have news for that led status in aircraft mode.

I let you a test in Watch me Mode filmed last weekend

Thanks a lot!!!