Wizard firmware

Discussion in 'Steadygrip / Wizard' started by Jay34jay, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jay34jay

Jay34jay New Member

May 31, 2016
    Just wondering if anyone tried the update for the wizard. When I download the update tool it seems it's just looking for a program to open it with. Any thoughts?

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    So I'm guessing you ran the setup.exe and installed the program? Worked OK for me.
    Screenshot 2016-07-21 18.13.33.png

3. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Forgive me, I am new to Yuneec, Have a H and have about 70 flights, I have never used the Wizard, is there an update, If so how do you access, Thank you !:rolleyes:

4. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    The firmware update is only for the older wizards I think. The ones that came with the TH should be up to date you would think. Anyways this is what the update does.
    Added connectivity to the Typhoon H
    Added retract combination (Typhoon H)
    Added Obstacle Avoidance on and off (Typhoon H)
    Added Watch Me/Follow Me combination (Typhoon H)
    Added Start/Stop Recording (CGO3+ only)
    Added Shutter Button (CG03+ only)
    http://www.yuneec.com/node/1170

Attached Files:

5. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Thank you JB52 ! Oh well, I updated it and it did the color flash and success , so I must be okay now ? Thank you for your help ! I have been on the YuneecPilots since start up and since I have been "banned" for 30 days by unjust Mods for setting a disrespectful newbie in his place( with some choice words !):eek:, I have found your helpful forum !;)

6. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Is there an "general" H forum where most H members hang out? This forums navigation is a bit different! Thank You ! And how to get there?

7. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Canada
    mikeinaz likes this.
  8. DroneClone

DroneClone Active Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Had nothing to do with knowledge my friend, but respect and honor ! I have been flying RC crafts for 50 years and take no value in the number of post counts and new or old posters, but knowledge and respect for others ! I expect nothing of my years of experience, nor is it a special "gift" but knowledge is wisdom and respect is honor!;)

9. Elsaesser

Elsaesser New Member

Aug 13, 2016
    There is a new Firmware for the Wizard "wizard_v3.0_2016_7_25.yuneec". Can't find any manual or software (mac) for the update procedure. Any one already succeeded?
    Thx

10. Royce Sims

Royce Sims Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I am wondering the same i emailed yuneec . when I use the typhoon software and plug the wizard into usb it won't load a driver for it .

11. Bartolomé

Bartolomé New Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Male
    Hi guys! I have a Q500+ since 9 months and a Wizard since 6 months too. I used it many times with stock firmware and now i updated to the new 3.0 firmware.
    Since that, the Green light status for Aircraft mode (upper left led), when i select Smart Mode, is blinking every 3 seconds. Before flashing the new firmware was allways solid Green.
    Do you know why?
    Nothing seems to be wrong but i dont have news for that led status in aircraft mode.

I let you a test in Watch me Mode filmed last weekend

Thanks a lot!!!