www.webflightpath.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rural-Geek, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    Hi Folks

I just released yesterday my new site : https://www.webflightpath.com/ where you can upload you flight logs (csv files) and get lots of usefull infomration about your flight session: Google map 2D Flight path, Google Earth 3D flight replay, Flight data interactive chart, Time cumulative data, and more ...
    For each flight log you will get an KML, KMZ, and GPX file which can be directly used (no modifications needed) in DashWare.

The site is completely free and will remain free.
    Have fun !

Rick Faircloth and pctyphoon like this.
  2. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    Please note that the site is better rendered in the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Opera

3. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Interesting stuff.

4. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
    if your login emails worked?

5. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    Please check your inbox emails to activate your account.

6. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
    it did come through but have a warning from GMAIL. Not a good start

Attached Files:

• hmm.png
      hmm.png
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    oh ! I don't understand why gmail complains about a suspicious link ! It comes from an https connection (with a letsencrypt certificate) I'm going to investigate this problem. I agree with you this is not a good start for a new comer ! :/
    Thanks for the screen capture. Hope you will find my site usefull.

8. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    @dronehdtv : were you using Chrome browser when you had this warning ?

9. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Yes in Gmail. I logged in anyway

10. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    OK, I keep on investigating, but after some googling, it sounds like this problem only occurs with Chrome browser... Perhaps could you confirm by reopening and clicking again the link in the email from another browser i.e Firefox (you will only get a message saying that your account is already activated) ?
    Thanks in advance.

11. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Ok I ignored the message from Google and logged in to your website. I have uploaded and tested. The only comment I can say about your site its GREAT! But files we upload should remain private to our accounts and data not sold. Unless we say it can. That is my only worry. Great job. Programming is good.

12. dronehdtv

dronehdtv Member

Aug 13, 2015
  13. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Hi,

good work. I like it. But I have also to complain something:
    When I upload a file from Blade 350QX the following error message appears:
    "Flight distance aberration detected, flight log discarded!"

I guess, this is a problem with f-mode values. Blade 350QX has f_mode different from the other Yuneec types. The effect may be that the coordinates during initializing, when GPS is not ready yet, will be interpreted as coordinates during the flight. So the distance is far out of limits. f_mode=4 is Initializing for 350QX instead of 16 for the others. Agility mode for 350QX is 13 and so on. I think you found already the related table...

br HE

14. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    #14 Rural-Geek, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    @dronehdtv: the issue with your video is because you registered the whole URL! Remove the URL, just keep the video ID as expalined ont the submit page. I. E for your video replace "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSY0nPXsEs" by "McSY0nPXsEs" and it will work ;) I'm going to change the submit page to be more epxlicit on the way to submit videos... Yeas of course , your files remain private on your account ! see the privacy page ;)

@skypower64: You video is not set to "public" that's why it is not visible on gallery page

@h-elsner: Happy to see you here. I started studying all that stuffs relying on your great work about Yuneec Flight logs ! Thanks for this ! The error you encounter is when a distance calculation is not possible (the distance found exceeds the possible distance the drone can fly in a given time) this may be caused by faultly gps records ... Could you please send me this log to admin(AT)webflightpath.com, (replace (AT) with @) so I can investigate and test more in depth this error ? Thanks !

15. Dennisdrone

Dennisdrone Active Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    Maybe a stupid question, but i have uploaded a .csv but now what? I can't find out how to continue...
    It has uploaded succesfully
    Maybe a "howto" in tha FAQ-section?

16. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    @Dennisdrone: go in your pilot menu (upper right corner), click "flight logs" and you will get a table with all the submitted flight logs from where you can navigate to all susbequent data pages of the flight log.
    got it ?

17. Dennisdrone

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    I'm sorry, but i uploaded a file and it gets green on top. In this page i can't do anything.
    When i go to another page and then return to flightlogs it's empty and i have to upload again.
    I'v tried in chrome, firefox and safari.

18. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    which drone model's flight log do you upload please ?
    Can you try with another flight log than the one not working please and tell me ?

19. Dennisdrone

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    Typhoon H with latest updates

20. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    hmmm, very strange, can you copy and paste here the very first line of the faulty log (the line with the column names) ?