www.webflightpath.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rural-Geek, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dennisdrone

Dennisdrone Active Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    Schermafbeelding 2017-06-19 om 18.38.12.png
    This seems to be ok, but then i get stuck. When i go to another page and go back it's gone.
    The green line isn't "clickable".

2. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    yeah that very strange ... your log file never comes to the server in fact... did you manually alter this log ?
    Can you please proceed with another log file ? and please copy and paste here the first line a a log file which does not upload correctly.

3. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    OK you did it !! :)
    I suspect your log files were altered by perhaps another software (Excel ?)

4. Dennisdrone

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    Ok, that's weird. Tried another "older" one and it works. But the one which didn't want to open works fine with "gpsvisualizer.com".
    P.S. I always keep the files intact.

If you want i can send you the file which doesn't work. But for now i'm happy it's working.
    I'll be a regular guest on webflightpath...

5. Dennisdrone

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    And i never use excell or other programs.

6. Dennisdrone

Nov 8, 2016
    Male
    I'll recommend the site in the dutch forum!

7. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    OK, no problem, it was just a thought i had because many people use this (nasty) software to open there csv file ! ;)
    Yes please send me this logfile at adminATwebflightpath.com, I want to know why it does not work ! Thanks.

h-elsner likes this.
  8. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    Thanks for your support Dennisdrone ;)
    I will tell you when i find the reason of this strange behaviour with your log file.

9. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Done this evening. Distance seems to be OK:
    Diagramm_für_Entfernung_zum_Startpunkt_01.png
    At start position it has already the GPS coordinates.
    Datei sichten_1.png

BTW: made a little bit advertisement in German forum. Maybe you get more questions...

br HE

10. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    Thanks Helmut, I will give it a shot as soon as possible, and get back to you then.

11. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Male
    Auto tech
    New Orleans
    Don't think I'll be visiting the website,.......

[​IMG]

12. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    @Rnlcomp : This message is unfounded, and I still investigate to understand why it is fired ! :mad:
    The site is SSL secured with a Lest'encrypt certificate. If you google this error you will :

1/ Notice that it only occures with Chrome browser on GMail,
    2/ I am not the only one to have this problem with a healthy site

You can trust the site, all is safe!
    Another member of the forum also had the same problem, but he did not stop at the message. And I do not think that today he is complaining!

13. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Those warnings don't always mean anything, mostly if it's a new site, seldom used, and there are few if any reports, it pops, better safe than sorry in some cases. Just a numbers game, program doesn't know about a site, it gives you a reminder to be careful. I also tend to believe it's biased, and tries to steer traffic toward similar sites, which either pay, or accept advertising from partners, and away from competitors. Got to pay the bills, any way they can... Nothing is truly free in this world, just not always obvious, like the hidden world of 'Cookies'. I tend to steer clear of sites that refuse to let you do anything, until you accept a cookie, where there isn't any need. I don't register for sites, unless it's something I can see using often. Just because they promise privacy, and your Email won't sold, doesn't mean it won't be used or traded. The address is good for other things beside spam...

14. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    OK, I just added TWO distincts Google verification schemes to my Google account, hope this annoyings messages will not persist !
    Sélection_001.png

15. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    @HarveyH54: You are completely right ! I really don't undertand on what this message relies on !

My site is completely free, it contains no ads. I developed it by attaching great importance to safety. For example, you will see that pages that require authentication are not cached, the browser back button will never show them. It is a small example among a multitude of details of this kind which constitute the security of the site. I am passionate about drones and computer science, this site is the result.

16. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

If you have Windows on you PC then this is enough - you don't need to worry about other things. Read the terms of use for windows and you have no more questions. Most of the messages, they have introduced at the last time, are only spam.
    The main message should appear on start of windows: " Attention, are you ready to lose your privacy then proceed, otherwise switch off." ;-)

br HE

17. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    ah ah ah ! :D This is so true !
    I'm on a Linux Ubuntu Box, I made that choice several years ago !

18. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

19. Rnlcomp

Rnlcomp Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Male
    Auto tech
    New Orleans
    #39 Rnlcomp, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    That message occurred in Internet Explorer 11. Apparently what ever you did fixed it as the message no longer pops.

20. Rural-Geek

Rural-Geek Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Male
    France
    #40 Rural-Geek, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    I'm on dual boot too ... Cause in some cases I need Windows but very rarely ... Most of my work is made on the Ubuntu box.
    OK, I will give Q500log2kml a try on Ubuntu and tell you back.

Great ! I think the GoogleSite Verification code I added made the job !

[EDIT] by the way I recommend Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera browsers for better rendering of webflightpath.com (IE or Edge handles very badly SVG files (Kindex page and about page)