X2 ACPLUS charger - external temperature warning

Discussion in 'Typhoon H Plus Discussion' started by pixelzombie, Feb 20, 2019.

1. pixelzombie

pixelzombie New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Male
    I just got a new charger and I was trying to use the battery meter function with the Yuneec Typhoon Plus batteries. No matter which port I use, I keep getting this error message: 'EXT. TEMP. TOO.HI'. I don't understand why that is happening, as these batteries aren't warm in any way. Is there any way to solve this problem?

2. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Guest

On their web page they have a software down load. Not sure if that will help but worth checking. Unless there is a reset for that charger I suspect the charger itself is faulty. If thats the case return it to the vendor.

3. pixelzombie

pixelzombie New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Male
    So I contacted Hitec and at first they did not believe me, so I shot a video of the problem and they still won't admit that the charger is faulty. They want me to send it to them but I'm tempted to return it to the ebay seller. Talk about a frustrating situation.

4. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I don't have that charger, mines a SkyRC D100... But, have you checked your settings? I never messed with mine, since I'm not using a temperature sensor. Some types of battery packs have one built in, can also be applied. There is a function to disable, and also a value to set for the warning. Basically if you aren't using a temperature sensor, and the function is enabled, might generate an error. I'm no charger expert, and struggled a little with all the options and settings at first, and probably do make use of all the options I could/should, but it works very well for me. The D100 is similar to several other brands, in looks and function, but I think SkyRC was the original, others are clones, or rebrands, since they have quite a few models, and products, where the others only have one or two models to choose from.

5. pixelzombie

pixelzombie New Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Male
    I'll read the manual again, but it gives me an error regardless of the setting it's on.

This is what happens as soon as I connect the balance adapter:

Hitec error message

6. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

Looks similar to mine, except mine doesn't talk... I haven't had any errors on mine, so can only guess at how to handle them. Yours obviously has some added features. I hook my battery up, before I start pushing buttons. I think I would try pressing the stop/back button, after the error, maybe a few times, to see if it clears the error condition. Have you Googled, to see if anyone else is having a similar problem?

Might try pulling the battery out of the adaptor, hook up the adaptor cables to the charger and balance breakout board, then plug in the battery. Still seem odd you getting a temperature error though.

7. HarveyH54

HarveyH54 Active Member

I download the manual, just to see what's different. Looks pretty much the same functionally as mine, just no app, or voice. The exterior temperature warning could either be coming from the memory setup, or in the advanced settings. You need an optional probe, so those values should be entered. Not sure how they are measuring the internal temperature, not enough wires to support a sensor. You might try going into the advanced settings, and do a reset. You'll have to start over, and reprogram a memory for your battery, but least you start off fresh. Who knows, maybe someone messed with the settings, some units do get tested at the factory, or maybe you got a recertified/refurbished unit.

I googled, but only found other errors, mostly with the app. Guess that's a good thing, since it's probably not a bad model. The manual did state that you should plug your cables into the charger first, make sure you have the right program, before connecting the battery. I didn't check, but maybe there is a firmware update, newer model, probably some changes.