Xaomi yi in typhoon g gimbal

Discussion in 'GB203 GoPro Gimbal' started by liteweight713, Jan 11, 2017.

1. lit

liteweight713 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a xaomi yi camera to fit in the typhoon g go pro gimbal?

Tags:
  2. Ken

Kenstogie New Member

I can't say no one but I tried and gave up.....it's just a little to big for the gimbal camera holder....

3. BSp

BSpin New Member

I modified a GB203 with a cutoff wheel to fit my SJCAM cameras. It didn't come out too good but it works okay. I had to make my own MicroUSB connector to work with the MK58 -- that works good.

robertbe likes this.
  4. rob

robertbe New Member

Hello
    I have a request
    Post a photo or drawing with the description of your microUSB connector for mk58
    I have the same problem with Thiey i60 +
    You can also send me on robertbe777@gmail.com

5. BSp

BSpin New Member

It's a 5 minute job. Very easy.

I bought this item from Banggood just so I could use the Micro USB part of it. It's $35. (You could probably find something cheaper but I couldn't find a right angle micro usb connector already wired with two wires for fpv.)
    https://tinyurl.com/hwnbfj2
    Eachine 5.8G 600mW 32CH AV Wireless Transmitter for Gopro Mobius 808

Inside the thinner black cable of your original GB203 cable are two separate leads (wires), one for signal and one for ground. I think one is black and one is white. Black goes to black. From the Micro USB, you connect the black lead to the ground and the yellow lead to the signal. I used the gel wire splicers shown in the photo, then I used shrinkwrap tubing to hold everything together.

Stripping the very thin wires from the GB203 cable is the only hard part -- they break easily.

IMG_20170301_135319[1].jpg IMG_20170301_135740[1].jpg IMG_20170301_140810[1].jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  6. BSp

BSpin New Member

btw, you MUST HAVE Video Out option on your Thieye -- I don't know if Thieye's have that option in the menu.

7. rob

robertbe New Member

ok, thanks, I mean what pins connect.
    I'll try.

I believe that Thieye has the function

8. BSp

BSpin New Member

The cable I bought from Banggood had the Micro USB connector with the two wires already attached to the right places in the usb connector. All I had to do was splice those two wires with the TWO tiny wires INSIDE the small black cable in the original GB203 cable connector shown in the pic above.