Yuneec camera YUNCG03US works great on a Chroma

Discussion in 'Blade Chroma Series' started by Gryphon966, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Gryphon966

Gryphon966 New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Male
    I recently had a crash on my 4K Chroma which ended up destroying the original 4K camera/gimbal. I picked up a replacement 4K camera listed on Amazon for the Typhoon G/Q500 and it works like a champ on the Chroma. Just wanted to let everyone know.

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    [QUOTE="works like a champ on the Chroma. [/QUOTE]
    I seem to remember one of them (Chroma?) was supposed to have a flatter lens, but I can't tell any difference in the kind of "snapshot" level work I do. My Chroma wasn't new, had been crashed, and maybe even inherited it's lens from the typhoon version. Either way, they both do a good job. Chroma version also works on Q500, of course.

The number one failure of Cgo3 is the gimbal board. If your camera only had "mechanical" or non-calibrated parts damage (plastic, bent frame parts, WiFi, lens card, video card damage, etc.), you should keep it around. The gimbal board and the sensors can sometimes be moved as a set into another camera that just has gimbal board problems.

Gryphon966 likes this.
  3. Gryphon966

Gryphon966 New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Male
    [/QUOTE]
    The number one failure of Cgo3 is the gimbal board. If your camera only had "mechanical" or non-calibrated parts damage (plastic, bent frame parts, WiFi, lens card, video card damage, etc.), you should keep it around.[/QUOTE]

Great idea and exactly what I was thinking of doing as well. Spare parts never hurt especially when the drone is no longer in production. I don’t notice any detectable difference between the original and the new CG03 with the pictures/videos but the lens may be slightly different. If so, I cannot tell.

The thing that I was really concerned about was whether or not this new camera/gimbal would actually work on the Chroma 4K/ST10+. During investigation, I could never find anything saying for sure that this would or would not work as a replacement, so I figured that I’d give it a try.

Tbh...the only real difference I saw was in the price. I ended up saving 300$ buying this one new over a brand new CG03 made specifically for the Chroma and I am extremely happy and back to flying photos and videos.

4. Nidge

Nidge New Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Male
    Retired
    Otley, West Yorkshire
    It’s sometimes worth keeping an eye on Yuneec’s European website as they sometimes list parts at heavily discounted prices. The other month they had listed the GoPro with SteadyGrip for €37 Euros and I was very tempted to get one as a backup to the one I have already. However the price is back up to around €80 but still a good price when you consider that some dealers are still asking in excess of £400/€400/$400 for the HorizonHobby Blade equivalent. In fact there was one German dealer on eBay selling just the Gimbal for around €20.

I think the Chroma/Q500 can still hold their own amongst the latest offerings from DJI and currently can be acquired relatively cheaply from owners who either feel they need to have the latest electrickery or bought into the drone rush a few years ago and have subsequently lost interest.

Regards

Nidge.