Yuneec Mantis Q connects to remote controller and phone but doesnt want to take off?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Pardeep Singh, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Pardeep Singh

Pardeep Singh New Member

Jun 6, 2019
    Male
    I bought a Yuneec Mantis Q from bestbuy today and i tried it out in the car just to see how it works and i connected it to my phone and the camera was working and everything so i shut it off and took it home. Now i try connecting it and everything connects as it should but the camera wont show anything and when i hit take off the blades just turn on and then off.. Anything im missing? ive calibrated both remote and drone and rebinded the remote to the drone and nothing, still blue blinking lights on the rear with all the other issues...

**EDIT**

Camera was working with the software from factory but i got home and updated and now camera doesnt work and wont take off.

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    [QUOTE="Pardeep Singh, post: 67802, member: 13344
    Camera was working with the software from factory but i got home and updated and now camera doesnt work and wont take off.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a failed update, of course. Have you taken it back to best buy to see if they will exchange it?

Updates are not normally needed on new drone, and they do cause issues. May not be a good idea to do an update on the replacement.

3. Pardeep Singh

Pardeep Singh New Member

Jun 6, 2019
    Male
    Sounds like a failed update, of course. Have you taken it back to best buy to see if they will exchange it?

Updates are not normally needed on new drone, and they do cause issues. May not be a good idea to do an update on the replacement.[/QUOTE]
    the app doesnt let me do anything until i update though ..

4. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I'm afraid I don't know much of anything about the MantisQ. I scanned the manual just now, and noticed the firmware instructions on Page 22. Did you follow all the recommendations and cautions listed in that section?

5. WTFDproject

Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    I did not find a list of actual smartphones that are compatible with the Mantis Q, but I did find this general reference to the required operating systems from YuneecUSA website:

"iOS 9.0 or above (Voice Control iOS10 or above, Voice Control with local processing iOS11 or above) / Android 5.0 or above (Voice Control requires internet connection)"