Yuneec Q500 bind issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gary Mount, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    Guys I have a yuneec q500 that I had just purchased from a person and I watch them fly at everything work good camera work great could see everything through the radio no problems I got at home the next day I started work on it in my basement I couldn't get it to link up and now all I am getting is a flashing red light and beeping on the status light. It will not go into bind mode I have deleted the model in the radio and created a new model I have tilted the machine forward twice to try to get it to go into the orange blind mode but it will not stop flashing red with a beat. When you first turn it on its multicolored flashing but after a minute it goes to the red from what I've read it means it is not connecting to Wi-Fi so what do I have to do to get the machine to connect to Wi-Fi Chris. Now the radio does connect to the camera and you can see the camera working any help would be greatly appreciated

2. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    [QUOTE="Gary Mount, post: 69381, member: 14795 I couldn't get it to link up and now all I am getting is a flashing red light and beeping on the status light. [/QUOTE]

It's important for us to understand this part correctly:
    When first it would not "link up", what LEDs were showing.
    If it was not already flashing red and beeping when the problem first showed up, please describe anything you did trying to get it to bind. (or anything else between those two points in time)

Other things:
    Are you sure the mode switch is not in the "Return to Home" position?
    Also, the beeps will be in a pattern. The pattern consists of long beeps, short beeps, a pause, and repeat. Knowing the pattern will help.
    The flashing pattern of the LEDs would also help.
    The best way is to do a video of the drone, and get a shot or two of the controller screen at the same time.

Also, Attachment 23 of this document is a diagnostic version of the binding procedure. If you will follow it step by step until the first step that does not show the predicted result, it will help identify the issue. Be sure the Mode switch is in Angle mode during this process.
    "https://yuneec-forum.com/threads/way-to-fix-drones-project.10229/"

3. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    It's important for us to understand this part correctly:
    When first it would not "link up", what LEDs were showing.
    If it was not already flashing red and beeping when the problem first showed up, please describe anything you did trying to get it to bind. (or anything else between those two points in time)

Other things:
    Are you sure the mode switch is not in the "Return to Home" position?
    Also, the beeps will be in a pattern. The pattern consists of long beeps, short beeps, a pause, and repeat. Knowing the pattern will help.
    The flashing pattern of the LEDs would also help.
    The best way is to do a video of the drone, and get a shot or two of the controller screen at the same time.

Also, Attachment 23 of this document is a diagnostic version of the binding procedure. If you will follow it step by step until the first step that does not show the predicted result, it will help identify the issue. Be sure the Mode switch is in Angle mode during this process.
    "https://yuneec-forum.com/threads/way-to-fix-drones-project.10229/"[/QUOTE]

from what I can tell when I turn the drone on its flashing like red green and blue all together it is not the blue light that is supposed to be on when you're trying to put the drone into bind mode. I cannot get it to go to yellow and after watching a video it said it's supposed to be in blue flashing mode when you first turn it on when I first turn mine on there is no blue flashing it is red green yellow kind of mixed together

4. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    I know it says when you're rebinding the model that you don't even have to have your radio on so I don't. And it is showing I'm supposed to have blue lights flashing and I don't once the blue lights were flashing you tilt it forward at a 45 degree angle twice and it's supposed to go to Orange but that's where my problem is I can't even get it to do the blue light

5. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    And just for the record when I turn the radio on the gimbal does show up on the radio so the radio is seeing the camera

6. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    It would be awesome to get some help on this.
    It's driving me crazy because I saw it fly and work as it should but know I can't get it to do anything.

7. WTFDproject

WTFDproject Active Member
    Staff Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    Retired Power Plant
    North Carolina Piedmont
    Yeah, the radio does have to be turned on, but that is not your problem right now.
    You need to connect the drone to the GUI to see what the issue is.
    Do you need any help setting up and connecting to the GUI?

Gary Mount likes this.
  8. Gary Mount

Gary Mount New Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Male
    I don't have the cord and will order one and hook it up and see what it does then

WTFDproject likes this.