Yuneec Q500 How-To/Firmware/Manuals/Software (all models)

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by midego, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Giuseppe

Giuseppe New Member

I wanted to know if devvo update the latest firmware on the 4k and what gui use, thanks.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. midego

midego Administrator Staff Member

English please :)

3. Giuseppe

Giuseppe New Member

I wanted to know if devvo update the latest firmware on the 4k and what gui use, thanks.

4. dan

danboys New Member

How to remove the v1.22 firmware back to the old firmware please help!!

5. mrburns

mrburns Moderator Staff Member

There is no ability to fallback to earlier software; however should you try to fallback you would have to ensure you update the suite as per the original Yuneec instructions.

The only way Yuneec recognises and updates is that the software version number is incremented. It will then update the machine.

Therefore if you were to update the very last number e.g 2.8.01 to 2.8.02 then, in theory it would update. However you would lose control of what versions you have installed and therefore this is not acceptable.

Should you take this route it is without any form of warranty and I urge you to stay with the latest and await updates.

6. Giuseppe

Giuseppe New Member

fbears there was a translation error, my question is this: should I update my typhoon 4K with the new firmware?

7. mrburns

answer yes.
    However you cannot update the gimbal yet.

8. Eye

EyeAmAlright Member

Any hints as to when the gimbal update will work? I'm not calling Yuneec because I read here we are waiting on Yuneec. How do we know we are waiting on Yuneec?

Mr Burns you are certainly knowledgeable and thanks up front for all your support but do you know for sure? Did I miss an announcement or do you have connections? (Sorry I'm new around here)

9. mrburns

WE reported the gimbal issue when the update came out, and feed back from Yuneec is they need some new software to talk to the production model CGO3.

That , apparently means a 4k version of the GUI. I have been told it will be out next week, but do not take that for granted. We will be patient and use the current GUI until then but unfortunately we wont update the gimbal :)

So, in a nutshell, if you want to update 4k firmware use the 500+ GUI but do not try to update the gimbal firmware. It will not work

10. Eye

EyeAmAlright Member

Thanks. I have updated 2 Q500 4k with all the new bits. No problems. Now I shall wait on the GUI update that allows the gimbal to update as well. Good to know an update to the GUI is coming.

11. Eye

EyeAmAlright Member

I have good will towards Yuneec. I am optimistic about their products and the future of the Co. However my patience is wearing thin.

If the software worked on in-house units how much effort must it be to update the GUI to work with production units? Was there that much of a change from engineering units to production units?

12. mrburns

The biggest problem with software is NOT making it do what you want but ensure that all other paths are not taken enroute so that it will by default do what you want.

Therefore testing of software is biggest, longest, most boring aspect of the job, but it has to be done otherwise users quite rightly moan.

So its 1 day to write it - 1 month to test it. :(

13. Eye

EyeAmAlright Member

Yes and in the quest to make something "idiot proof", never underestimate the creativity of an idiot! haha

Lou56 and Bob Nilsen like this.
  14. Roa

Roadkilt New Member

I have updated the Q500+, the CGO-3 etc all seems fine, but when I downloaded the new ST10+ files I only get a TX file and not a RF to update. Is there no RF Update? I haven't flown yet...crossed fingers...

15. Eye

EyeAmAlright Member

In a shocking display of competence, the pdf instructions that comes withe ST10+ zip file only shows updating the TX file and then jumping straight into updating the android firmware. So I think if you follow that pdf step by step you will come out okay.

16. mrburns

There is NO RF file to update.

What comes with the update is all they want you to update.

17. rickdean

rickdean Member

I've got the Q500+. Sent in my CGO2+ and hand held for exchange to 4K. So do I update my firmware and remote controller with the 4k versions firmware? I'm assuming the 4K camera and gimbal I'll be receiving next week will have the latest firmware.

Comments appreciated.
    Rick

18. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

No all you should have to do is rebind the camera. Once you do that select it on the ST10+ as the pro and you will have all the 4K settings.

19. rickdean

rickdean Member

Well I updated my ST10+ with the newest 4k firmware. I did this before I saw your latest response. Hope I did the correct thing. The ST10+ 4k update went as the instructions said. No issues. Thanks, Rick

20. rickdean

rickdean Member

Now all the lights flash 3 times, then 3 times, then 3 times etc..... on my Q500+. Build ST10+ v01b21c is what I applied to the ST10+. So do I need to update the Q500+ with the latest firmware also? Oh yea, I did a factory reset on my ST10+ thinking it would put it back to factory state. No luck. Comments appreciated. Rick