Yuneec Q500 How-To/Firmware/Manuals/Software (all models)

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by midego, Feb 7, 2015.

1. its

itsyuneec Member

thanks for the info i have v1.05 so i will have to update another question i have is if you update the drone does that mean the remote and camera also get updated or is their a way to check them also .thank you for the help i just want to be safe before my first flight

2. mikeinaz

mikeinaz Active Member

yes you would have to update . I would just fly it as is for now

3. ray

raymondholland New Member

I tried to restore firmware but he remains in the installing mode with Start after the update 30c I can not he set the picture settings will remain at 50p 16.9 can not put him at 45 or 60p who has an idea to solve it

4. Rjd

Rjdavis10 Member

Hey guys I myself am still fairly new to all of this but can someone please tell me( how and when) I will know if it's time to do any kind of firmware update on anything pertaining to the q500 4k? My bird seems to fly fine but was just reading about firmware updates but haven't seen anything on ....how do they know it even needed the firmware updated. My theory has always been....if it isnt broke, dont fix it.

5. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

Updating is a personal thing. Many have the same line of thought as you do. If is not broken then why fix it.
    My line of thought is if I am a commercial pilot making a living off of my drone it is law to have it all up to date firmware wise and logged into my logs.
    Now not everyone is a commercial pilot but If yuneec has made a update it would be to correct something that was not working right or they added a option that would make my experience with my Yuneec product even better. I have always done every update and all worked as advertised.
    Like I said its up to you but if your car had a recall would you just say shit I don't need to bring it in to update :)

6. Rjd

Rjdavis10 Member

Thanks Jager for replying. How will I know if Yuneec recommends or has posted an update? How would I go about finding out another words? And I'm assuming I can plug mine into my computer to compare the version I have to the one they are offering to see it mine is up to date or not. Correct?

7. Jagerbomb52

Jagerbomb52 Moderator Staff Member

If updates come out Yuneec is not very good at putting the info out there for us. Most times it will be posted in one of the forums or on facebook when it happens. Best way is to check it out here and someone will have a post about it.
    And yes you can check firmware version on the ST10+ in the menu and the Quad or Hex in the GUI. Your camera can be checked through the camera app on you phone in the "about tab" it will show which firmware is on the camera.
    Screenshot_2016-08-08-10-48-49.png

Lou56 likes this.
  8. Rjd

Rjdavis10 Member

Thanks Jager. that really helps. I appreciate your time. I just got my q500 4k about 2 months ago and haven't seen anything about it needing an update but geuss I had better check the version and look around and see whats the newest or most recent one. It would be real nice of them if they had a menu on their website or would send an IM to the transmitter when an update is needed. Such as the kind you get on your smartphone that automatically prompts you to install the update. The transmitter can plug into a computer so it seems they could notify you in this way.

9. Lou

Lou56 New Member

Hi to all.
    I know I'm late on this board, but after reading all the post's and seeing the Gimbal update discussion.
    Youse guys made me curious, so I checked the Yuneec site.
    There is an update for the Gimbal, don't remember the version, but it was dated June or July, 2016.
    I've had the 4K for around a year, under warranty Yuneec replaced all the birds guts.
    Last September they had me send the camera, then the controller.
    Got everything ready to go, too late weather wise to fly (kinda chomping at the bit right now).
    Still getting used to it, but after last flight, performed like a champ !
    Hope I was able to help.

"Keep'em Flying"

10. Benny

Benny Member

Hey guys, a small question, my ST 10 + as the B27C, I see that B29C is the latest, it says bug fix???
    My Q500 G as the 1.07 label under, so that is the latest I guess.
    I have 2 Gimbal, the GoPro one and a CG02 GB (it show no Firmware for this one)
    http://firmware.yuneec-forum.com/

So is there any reason to upgrade my ST10+ to B29C ???

Many thanks
    Ben