Q500 Zigbee Protocol Decoded

Discussion in 'Q500/Q500+/Q500 4K/Typhoon G' started by Walter Jason Altice, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Walter Jason Altice

Walter Jason Altice New Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Male
    software engineer
    Virginia
    This may have already been done but I spent some time to decode the Zigbee protocol and was successful. I have a video showing the project and how I did it.

You can download the spreadsheet for the protocol. I haven't figured out everything but most of it. So help would be awesome!
    http://www.codemakesitgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Yuneec-Protocol.xlsx

This protocol includes the ST10 & ST10+ controller and the Q500 quad. This information allows us to be able to fly the quad using Google Earth as a navigation aid (as in the video) or to even write our own custom controller!

Here is the video, hope you enjoy.

2. Kieth Kiesel

Kieth Kiesel Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Male
    Washington state
    Would it be possible to write some code to give the Q500 a orbit mode?

3. h-elsner

h-elsner Active Member

Wow, great! I wish, I would know earlier that there is a ZigBee sniffer on the market.
    Do you have a link to TI Packet Sniffer? Is there a TI account neccessary?

My project is described here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/mydat/Q500log2kml_en.pdf

br HE

4. Walter Jason Altice

Jun 7, 2018
    Male
    software engineer
    Virginia
  5. Walter Jason Altice

Jun 7, 2018
    Male
    software engineer
    Virginia
    Yes I think so. I'm looking into flying the Q500 with a 3D mouse. From there, we should be able to do any kind of path following mode. It usually takes me a month or two for each project. I'll post updates ASAP. Thanks for watching the video.

6. Brink

Brink New Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Very cool project. Seems that this should get us closer to being able to connect a yuneec receiver (SR24) to an open source flight controller board to use our ST16+ ground stations to control a BNF DIY quadcopter? I found this thread: https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/typhoon-h-st-16-controller-can-it-be-re-purposed.9970/ Where user: dylanfm has also contributed to reverse engineering the yuneec communication protocol. He also describes it as Zigby. Others have claimed it be able to be connected to a Pixhawk flight controller but there seems to be lack of software (For the pixhawk) to make sense of the protocol and actually be able to control a drone with it.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for posting.

Walter Jason Altice likes this.
  7. Mario Rodriguez

Dec 24, 2016
    Male
    Photo/videographer
    Miami, FL
    Forgive my political incorrectness , but have you played around with DJI Inspire 1 software?